GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 10:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick one...  (Read 2461 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Great! Thanks all.
I think the SS is the winner from my point of view.
Now I have to finish saving and decide colors (got to be careful, got to be careful...  Huh )
Best
The SS' simple layout kinda makes it hard to pick colors.  Not because of how the panels are laid out but because there are so many different ways you can color it to change the look and if you really want to get creative with it you can divide up some of the panels to add more variety without changing the overall layout.
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Yes, I'd go for the SSexier one for sure  Grin Its the next in line in my workshop  Tongue

Cheers
Mario

Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 02:39 AM »

Thanks!

@photogbill: I will indeed send my color nightmares  Wink

@jaydub: thanks for the support and the insight to the larger and slower kite characteristics. I am indeed looking for some color layout that resembles slightly the R-Sky kites which I very much like. But there are other very nice options for the SS too...  Roll Eyes

@tpatter: indeed! I already have those from Davide's FB very clear in my head!  Wink

@Ca Ike: yes, I need to define a horizon and not get messed up in thousands of combinations...  Embarrassed

@Mario: indeed SSexier!

Cheers!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 02:23 PM »

Hi,

Here's my choice for the colours and layout.   Grin

Simulation of the framed kite:

Flat sail pattern:

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42 PM »

I am defintely partial to the SS now.  I like the pattern you chose, very unique to all the other variations we've seen produced.  It tempts me to create another as a UL where your purple is a royal blue and the white would be platinum.  I have not heard anything from Davide about the Supernova which saddens me because I thought that particular size was going to be a perfect match for me.

You will enjoy it I am sure of.  I did finish a Christian Derefat - Monster a month ago which so far I'm not sure I'm liking using Skyshark Nitro tubes rather than his spec'd rods.  Sometimes I wonder if super stiff is always a best practice.  As many always mention every kite needs to be tuned to the pilot in some manner.  I'm sure I'll work that out eventually.  Work has me super busy past few months and on the road.

By the way, who might I'd ask is the builder? 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:03 PM by Lou » Logged
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 04:06 PM »

I really like your layout Ara.  I had to check it twice to be sure that it was even an SS.  Great option.

6 kite tom
Hadge

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Nice Ara,

I like purple kites!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 01:24 PM »

By the way, who might I'd ask is the builder? 

The builder and adjuster/tester will be Krijn on whom all my confidence and respect is deposited.  Smiley

In my bag...
alien

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 03:16 AM »

Nice,
Mr K and a little purple with black,you could not go wrong with that recipe!
                                        Tongue
Lou

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Nice,
Mr K and a little purple with black,you could not go wrong with that recipe!
                                        Tongue

+1!  Wink
photogbill

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 12:09 PM »

Just catching up on my forum reading ....and I have to agree ....You did a great job on your unique color/panel layout! Looks real nice!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change