GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dragon"applique on Pro Dancer (must see 100+ hrs. of work)  (Read 1610 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: December 01, 2013, 10:22 PM »

Jon T went into his closet.  Huh  TongueHuh  TongueHuh  TongueHuh  He found a bunch of "Old School" kite's.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

This kite was designed by Wayne Brunjes who drew the Dragon.  Not sure of Kurt's last name but he and Wayne did the sewing and applique's.

I'll follow up with more info.. Hopefully Wayne will give me total hours spent working on the kite...

The drawing of the Dragon and workmanship is typical of Wayne's unique and dedicated ability to create beyond words.  A true Artist.  His insight to this sport and his talented computer skills make our sport that much better.

A true Silent Hero with little recognition.
Yet everyday someone in the world is looking at his graphic designs in the sky.  Thank You Wayne for a Great Kite...

THE DRAGON PRO DANCER >>>>>>>
Custom Pro Dancer Ul with bridle adjustments.

Vertigo's new Dancer partner .... ( scary stuff at 1:34 repeated at 2;46 3:49,) PAWS "Goof" at 4:24) Keep it steady and walk forward is not that easy...
Dragon Pro Dancer

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:40 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:40 PM »

Wayne's eye for kite art always amazes me. Even the spider edition kites are great. IF you ever decide that dragon scares you too much or gives you nightmares let me know.  I would tame that beast for ya Tongue   Its one of the best dragons I've seen done on a kite and the pro dancer is fun to fly as well.  I wonder how many they made.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:45 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:08 AM »

Yes,,,,,,,YES!
Love that Kite....... Tongue
Great video thanks Vert.
                       Kiss
Keep up these great posts........... Cool
coop

Re:
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 05:31 AM »

Thats awesome!

Coop
stapp59

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56 AM »

That's awesome!  Do you have a nice still photo of that?

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18 AM »

That's awesome!  Do you have a nice still photo of that?
+1 video isn't available on a mobile device too

Sine Metu!
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:23 AM »

There were TWO applique ProDancer (standards) made. One is that one, the second one was made for Marieanne and they're keeping it. It has a flower on it or something of the sort, and her name in applique down the right leading edge.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:46 AM »

Joe, now that you've been flying it. DO YOU LOVE OR DO YOU LOVE THAT KITE. I'm so excited I found a set of them, I'm still convinced that the PD series are the best kites Jons ever made. Flies as smooth as a mamba and I love what they are capable of.

We need to fly PD pairs sometime and pretend we're in the 90s again Tongue. I'll fly on my knees so I can be as tall as I was then Tongue

See you in a few weeks, keep it up.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36 AM »

I hurried out in some cold weather.  It is suppose to warm up in a couple days.  I am getting ready.  She is a different bird.  I will have to make many adjustments.  I am so sloppy in the video.  At 1:35 and again at 3:49.  I was unable to complete the trick and it folded inside out.  So at the 3:48 mark I tried to duplicate it.  Not sure what happen... But I like it...

I'll take some better stills when the sun is out...  Kite is beautiful !!!

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08 PM »

That's neat!

Give that old kite a break, it's never gonna be happy on it's back.  Smiley

I've always wanted a nice Pro Dancer. What's it framed in?

Seems a lot of kite people really like dragons. Here's a few more from one of the main practitioners of the art.

http://www.sportkite.com/dragons.html

Allen, AKA kitehead
vertigo2u

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 04:47 PM »

I know I was beating her up a little.   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Al, those kites are beautiful... About a year ago or so John C.  was talking about how the kite designs are always graphic. That there was a time ....  I really liked those people kites.... Did you do them Huh

Devin could add what the Frame is ... I thought it was a Ul ??  I might add some tail weight ... Going to talk to Jon...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:50 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

adx1592

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 09:23 PM »

That kite can do backspins for days and a lot on its back, I'd keep plugging away. If we pulled it off the the UL it's in there somewhere.

The equivalent to the frames in the Standard Prodancer kites are 5pts now. The used to be framed in Beman rods if I recall correctly. When we're reframing the old stuff its either the old light beman LEs and 3pt spreaders for the ULs, or 5 pts for the standards. That's what mine is newly framed in at least. Just finished sewing the last bits of a UL prodancer in blues, and will report back if the frames change from the 3pts we've been using for the ULs.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ca Ike

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39 AM »

That's neat!

Give that old kite a break, it's never gonna be happy on it's back.  Smiley

I've always wanted a nice Pro Dancer. What's it framed in?

Seems a lot of kite people really like dragons. Here's a few more from one of the main practitioners of the art.

http://www.sportkite.com/dragons.html

I've been revisiting a lot of old kites that have been showing up at the flys lately including some PBSKs, spectra's, dromgolds, katanas, aeries and TOTL';s.  You'd be surprised at what some of these kites can do, but  you really have to know how to get them to do it.  Heck watching you on some of your oldies is what inspired me to try Allen.  Now I want to revisit the prism everyone seems to hate and see what it can do and thats the IL2K.  The pro dancer is a capable kite as it was and I'm interested in what difference a reframe and maybe a few bridle adjustments would do for it.  Same with Jon's Delta Drive.   THere's some hidden potential in that kite too but I have to add one to my bag to get some good time on one.
vertigo2u

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 07:09 AM »

I regret the day I sold my Delta Drive ... I can finally fly it but don't have it.  I am going to have to spend more time with my dancer to get the feel of her in flight.  I sort of rushed to fly her.  Next semi-warm low day her and I are dancing...

ru4camping
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39 PM »

Joe,

Love that kite!!!
Please bring it with you on the 18th so I can see it in person.

Thanks!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change