GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 05:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATM SUL  (Read 1798 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+22)

« on: December 08, 2013, 10:09 AM »

I flew for a few hours yesterday at Kite Hill.   Very cold, crisp, and sunny weather so I was inspired to try to shoot a little video.

http://youtu.be/jtvcxAbtK_4

ATM SUL

On Vimeo:

Skysport Design ATM SUL on Vimeo

The only camera that I had with me was my iPad mini, so I experimented to see how well that would work - I never take video in it.  I then edited it with iMovie on the iPad and this is the result.  It's nice not to have to move video around and I find the software on the tablet easier and more pleasant to use than my desktops as well. 

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:18 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:40 AM »

I flew for a few hours yesterday at Kite Hill.   Very cold, crisp, and sunny weather so I was inspired to try to shoot a little video.

The only camera that I had with me was my iPad mini, so I experimented to see how well that would work - I never take video in it.  I then edited it with iMovie on the iPad and this is the result.  It's nice not to have to move video around and I find the software on the tablet easier and more pleasant to use than my desktops as well. 

Enjoy.

Excellent!
I felt smoothly flying with the kite!
Very beautiful flying spot and great flying sequences.
Thanks for sharing!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Smooth tricks, Great video. Love it.  Smiley

Lam is known for his great Kites designs. I decided to get me one too.

I already ordered my ATM SUL from Lam Hoac.  Spoke to him by phone and gave me great advice. Waiting for the Shipping now.

I should be getting it before Christmas Smiley

stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Nice flying  Smiley

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Nice. How does it compare to other non lam kites?

Sine Metu!
tpatter

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Nice. How does it compare to other non lam kites?

I've written a pretty thorough review of this kite on kite clique that details my impressions.

But, to answer your question, VERY favorably.   I tend to mostly move my non-Lam kites on after a few months of experimentation, but I regularly fly HUGO, BILL, and the Sixth Sense.  All these kites are excellent at what they do, just like the ATM. 

ATM, for me, has a trick focus, but still excellent precision, so fits very well with me.  It's yoyo and comete stand out - so easy and reliable.

6 kite tom
alien

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:37 AM »

Hot Post Sir,,,,,, Cool

Tongue
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:57 AM »

Excellent flying, Tom.
 Lousy weather here, up north and cannot fly   Cry  Cry  Cry
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the video. Very impressive you got that on a tablet.

I like what I'm seeing from the ATM there, especially the pitch characteristics. Seems to lock in nicely without jamming up when the nose goes away. Nice rollup work there.

Seems to have a decent wind range too.

Thanks for taking the time.

Nothing beats seeing a new kite in action.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Well, to quote from Top Gun, "That's some of the best flying I've seen yet." I know what the wind was like and I'm certainly impressed with how the SUL handles it.  We know, of course, that's it's more pilot than kite, but the ATM has a look a bit different than the other Lam staples.  Seems to be floatier than say the Tatoo?

What does Eli think of it?

Thanks Tom!
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Jim!

I do think this kite has lots to offer - very floaty, but also easy to slam around which is a combination that's hard to find.

Tattoo goes lower, but requires a little more experience from the flyer to get the full use of it, mostly with the flick flack. 

Eli has not yet had the pleasure - I'm afraid to let him try it as I may not get it back,  Smiley We will get out flying together over Christmas and then some more hard-core, in the flow, tricking will be captured. I can already tell that he will like it - super agile.

Tom

6 kite tom
John Welden

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 06:55 PM »

Great flying as usual Tom
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Great video considering that you used an iPad mini.  Smiley
Nice editing too. Lam called me yesterday telling me that my ATM was ready to ship. Can't wait to get it.
tpatter

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Great video considering that you used an iPad mini.  Smiley
Nice editing too. Lam called me yesterday telling me that my ATM was ready to ship. Can't wait to get it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it - does everything like it's reading your mind!

On the mini - that thing is amazing for capturing, editing, and publishing video.  At least for my needs, it's far faster and easier than messing around with moving it to my laptop, etc.  All in ine place in a few minute.  I use it for reading, etc, but had no idea it was so good for video editing sorts of tasks.   I've already ordered a tripod mount for it - I'm sold.

6 kite tom
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 12:17 PM »

I have to agree with the others, Tom! That is some of the best flying I've ever seen. Execution of tricks doesn't get any more perfect! Sweetest looking Cometes I have ever seen!

So which ATM do you like the best?...The yellow UL or this red SUL? And ...what differences have you observed between the two....besides the obvious (wind range)?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:19 PM by photogbill » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document