GWTW Forum
June 26, 2016, 10:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: email the Forum Admin: admin@gwtwforum.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Steve Tapp's latest version 3 of the Enigma  (Read 17914 times)
jlmcevoy
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 22, 2016, 08:45 PM »

I made it out Tuesday for a two hour session with the standard version 3 of the Enigma. Winds were light for the most part and quite variable. I took some video, edited it a bit and posted just a few minutes ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDMM4KUdxJ4

Sorry for the lengthy video (~9.5 min). It was trimmed from a 20 minute segment. I guess I cannot say "I am not half bad" yet!

Jim
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:47 AM by jlmcevoy » Logged
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:18 AM »

Thanks for the video.  Smiley

Nice flying, smooth and comfortable.

I'd describe the Enigma in the same way.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Palmahnic
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:41 AM »

Very nice flying!

Thank you kindly,
Iftah.
stapp59
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:22 AM »

Always nice to see you fly Jim and thanks for the video!  Cool

I had to smile all the way through as you show the flying style and conditions the kite was meant for.  The Enigma may never win a competition but it is a nice fly especially in our swirly shifting variable low efficiency summer inland winds. I have many nice kites but few will hang in the air and be as fun as this one.

The black/white asym shows well on camera. May have to get you one more in your preferred colors  Wink

Thanks again,
Steve

jsteph

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:47 AM »

nice flying Jim, just shows what can happen with a good pilot meets up with a good kite.
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 04:31 AM »

Yep, nice flying!

The Enigma may never win a competition...

I do think that you could use the Enigma for (TricksParty) competion and you could very well win with it.
Most tricks are there and some are very nice looking. Even precise enough to fly a trick ballet routine.

jlmcevoy

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 05:46 AM »

Here is just a few more minutes of flying from later in the same day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uppgwfLVphI

Enjoy,

Jim
stapp59

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 06:49 AM »

Jim, it's a real pleasure and gratifying to see the kite flown and enjoyed by a talented flyer like yourself - and others in the tester group.  Cool

Do others on the forum know you teach a continuing ed class on dual line flying at your college?

stapp59

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 07:16 AM »

Yep, nice flying!

The Enigma may never win a competition...

I do think that you could use the Enigma for (TricksParty) competition and you could very well win with it.
Most tricks are there and some are very nice looking. Even precise enough to fly a trick ballet routine.

That's a nice complement for a kite that was developed to be a competent freestyler but not an all out competition kite.  I have tried some things to make the kite a more aggressive trickster but the tester group tells me they prefer the more relaxed, predictable, and classic nature of the kite. So I will keep the kite focused on the niche it does best, a wind efficient classic ballet style kite that can trick.

I consider the design mature at this point. It's a kite to take out and fly in most conditions, fly hard if desired, and most importantly to enjoy flying...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom