GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 10:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Level One Eternity  (Read 15959 times)
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Level One quality build average? Over a Soul?  Oh please...

I was wondering about that too.  L1 is well known for bulletproof kites, my second JJF was well used by some good fliers and it still held up.

Can you give examples quantumpro? 
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 08:25 AM »

There's a standard edition coming to the states in a week.

Grin

Just hope it won't take an eternity. Roll Eyes

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
Beachbum
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 12:14 PM »

Just hope it won't take an eternity. Roll Eyes

Well it's feeling like one.
quantumpro
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 02:40 AM »

All the spreader connection points on the leading edge had threads exposed and sail had additional problems with bad sewing. Sorry but I have 1 Ul, 2std, 1 Vtd flying wings souls and in my opinion the sewing on those kites is far better and for double the price sorry better value for money. We are talking about mass produced items no disrepect to any company but the eternity is a wonderful kite but value for money !! well HuhHuhHuhHuh? Cheers keith
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 12:44 PM »

Frayed threads at the cut-outs are nothing serious for performance of any kite.

The known problem with the Eternity's sewing is using WHITE thread on red fabric, which can be seen very clearly.
Most other kites would use BLACK thread on black leading and trailing edge fabric, on which you would need a magnifying glass to examine sewing properly ...

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
quantumpro
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 12:15 AM »

The Eternity is suppose to be the flagship of level one kites- top of the line. This kites performance is brilliant but sorry it's quality of construction in my opinion is only average given you could buy a kite half the price and have the same performance and better build quality.

[attachment deleted by admin]
quantumpro
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 12:26 AM »

Another example where the finish of the product could have been better, the sail isn't finished to have clean sharp edges and symmetry. I counted 3 addition threads around 3/4 inch long on the kite which hadn't been cleaned up after sewing. Don't think that I don't like the kite but If we all pay good money for our high performance kites than we do expect the quality to be there. Cheers to everyone

[attachment deleted by admin]
Blownfuse
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 03:14 AM »

That is not so very impressive, I must say. In my opinion, for the money the Eternity costs, what quantumproīs pics show isīnt good enough. Especially the mis-aligned panels... Or maybe they are not mis-aligned, in that case itīs just a strange design decision. Cheesy

And donīt get me wrong, I actually think that it is a very pretty kite. But for a premium price, I would expect premium craftmanship. Iīm a bit weird that way....  Roll Eyes

Best ever consultation ! Doctors order : Go fly a kite !  (literally, no joke)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 04:35 AM »

We are talking about mass produced items no disrepect to any company but the eternity is a wonderful kite but value for money !!
umm..no disrespect to any company? have you contacted them about this? have you contacted where you got the kite from?
personally i would do those two things before coming and "not disrespecting" the company on a kite forum....

having worked in retail for many years (kites and other retail) i am always amazed at how quickly people have complaints about products but then do not call the makers......

if your brandy new car had an issue would you just go out and complain about it? or would you call teh dealer and bring the car back in?

i know it took awhile for you to get it so i would shoot an email to Level One about it and cc the shop you bought it from explaining your dissatisfaction.....Jens was always great when my shop was open....i cannot imagine that he has turned into a devilish kite maker now....

good winds
rob

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16 AM »

Much better to post the pictures of Level One's SHABBY build quality for all the world to see. Having seen pictures of another member's new Eternity it seems this low level of build quality is the norm from Level One now.
If people get a chance to see this maybe they won't waste their money. And maybe that will be a wake up call Level One will hear.
Face it, if Level One doesn't already know what junk is coming out of their factories they obviously don't care and calling or writing won't help.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Blownfuse
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 09:08 AM »

have you contacted them about this? have you contacted where you got the kite from?
personally i would do those two things before coming and "not disrespecting" the company on a kite forum....

This I have to agree upon. Always going to the source first, is the best approach for sure. If they donīt answer mails/calls or choose to ignore questions/complaints...

Then itīs a whole other ballgame... Angry

Best ever consultation ! Doctors order : Go fly a kite !  (literally, no joke)
DWayne

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30 AM »

If you look at the first picture Jim posted you'll see the panel misalignment is SOP. All in all it looks like a $150 sweatshop kite to me.

Denny

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 09:50 AM »

If you look at the first picture Jim posted you'll see the panel misalignment is SOP. All in all it looks like a $150 sweatshop kite to me.

Denny

not certain if that is a misaligned panel...could just be a bad trim job...would need to see all of the panels to be certain....
the leading edge fraying......that is weird....

Is Level One still making these kites in house? i thought i had heard at one point that there was a rumor about them being made in a Polish HQ kite building house.....

I am still chuckling at the 150$ sweatshop kite remark!!!! that is great!!!! personally i would have gone with a lwer $ amount for that term though!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Beachbum
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 03:11 PM »

Much better to post the pictures of Level One's SHABBY build quality for all the world to see. Having seen pictures of another member's new Eternity it seems this low level of build quality is the norm from Level One now.
If people get a chance to see this maybe they won't waste their money. And maybe that will be a wake up call Level One will hear.
Face it, if Level One doesn't already know what junk is coming out of their factories they obviously don't care and calling or writing won't help.

Denny

Post 'em boss. 
DWayne

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 04:08 PM »

As you wish.  Wink

Denny

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change