GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 09:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A whole ton of new (old) kites!  (Read 1092 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: December 18, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share with you some recent additions to my collection of skyburner kites. Most of these kites weren't finished by Skyburners Old Sewer, Craig Spence. I finished a few and we framed and bridled them and I'm happy to be the owerns of these now!

For those of you who know me, know that I've been a skyburner nut from the time I was 4 to the present day, and I'm 22 now. The kites from my childhood (90s) I always had a huge passion for flying, but never had any money for myself to afford them. Here are a few additions I've acquired over the past few weeks. Many thanks to Jon and Marieanne at Skyburner for their help with these!

From left to right- Skyburner II UL, ProDancer Standard, Afterburner, ProDancer UL.

SB II UL, Afterburner, PDUL, PD Standard by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

Stardancer Standard, Stardancer UL.

Star Dancer Std and UL by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

These kites will fit happily with 2 other firebird UL's (Ken Nealy: produced by Skyburner), a Tica by David Bui, and Original Skyburner I (#17), a first run NikNak, and 2 ProDancer SULs. LOVE these old school kites!

---------------
Also, a great addition to my bag tonight. A Voodoo 'light' with custom skull applique. I grew up loving the Voodoo line as well and the other sunnykites/progressive kites like the Duke and Director, so this is a super meaningful edition for me.

Voodoo Light. Custom 1/1 Applique. by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

Voodoo Light Applique Close Up by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

Also coming are 4 baby burners, two will be given away and sent off as christmas gifts.
Happy holidays to all!
Devin Cobleigh Morrison
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:27 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:32 PM »

NICE!    Wink
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:16 AM »

Congratulations Devin!
It seems like one of the most meaningful Christmas presents you've ever had!  Smiley
Really happy for you.

Merry Christmas!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:42 AM »

Nice kite collection
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:13 AM »

nice collection, classics live!

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00 AM »

Yah, sure by golly, dems some nice ones  Wink
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:33 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52 AM »

Awesome, Devin! Thanks for sharing those great shots.

Bob
rob103
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59 AM »

Devin,
what else can you tell me about the stardancer? I have a pink white and black one with the initials cs on it and had one heck of a time id'ing it and still cant seem to find much info.
Thanks
Bill
adx1592

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 08:32 AM »

Hey Bill,
The Stardancer was basically a 3/4 Prodancer. CS is the name of Skyburners older sewer, Craig Spence. What model do you have? I can tell you more then. We resticked mine with older tubes I had. The UL is 3pt and Beemans and the Standard is 5pts. The Stardancer was always a faster kite that tricked well for its time. Great upper wind range.

If you tell me what model you have I can get you more info.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
etully
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:04 PM »

Very nice collection.  The Voodoo in particular is a very interesting kite.
rob103
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Mine is framed in bemans. .230 iirc. It is one of my all time favorite kites but I can't seem to make it trick at all. My repertoire is pretty limited but even my 4d can axle
 ! I do love your collection . I'm dying to try a prodancer for comparison.
adx1592

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 05:44 AM »

Well in that case it could be a UL. I can get fades, backspins, cascades, the ground work tricks, and a few pitch based tricks out of my stardancers. It's all in setting up the kite so it has no choice but to trick. I'm a huge believe that all of Jons old kites were farrrrr more capable then people give them credit for, especially the PDSUL.

If you have the tape 'Winning Performances,' watch it and if you dont have that tape, I'd look into it. Jon flys the PDSUL to music just around the time when it was pretty new. There is a whole ton of things to learn about how to fly that kite, in that routine. Setting up an axel is different because it was such a light kite and so flat. Back then most people had issues with even an axel on such a lite kite, which is why the NikNak was a godsend. Anywho, look into the tape and transfer knowledge onto the stardancer. If not theres no harm into cutting the lower spreaders about a half inch on each side, and making your standoffs longer. Doesn't sound particularly great but it does make a different on some old kites. I like to leave mine as they are, though.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 11:33 AM »

My 2 babyburners are done. The other two have been sent off as christmas gifts. Restoration complete!

bb2 by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

bb1 by devincobleighmorrison, on Flickr

Hoping everyones holidays were fantastic!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document