GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 06:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devin flying "Aura" indoors 12/21/13  (Read 574 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: December 21, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Devin Indoor Aura

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24 PM »

Nice indoor flying.  Smiley
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:02 PM »

blocked...

no, it worked on the pc

great devin!

Krijn
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:57 PM by Krijn » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Krijn,
another video is coming on my end. It says 'blocked in some countries' so please give it a shot if you'd like when I get around to posting it, and let me know what does and doesn't work. I've posted a link in the youtube description to link to Vimeo anyways just incase.

Thanks for the video, Joe. One of my favorites you've done so far. Minus the crash. Tongue
Gotta love that heating unit.... You should see some of the funny stuff I have on my computer of the kite getting blown around towards the end of the day  Cheesy. Kick in the pants to try to fly with a bit of extra, eh, wind beneath your wings. When there isn't supposed to be any. Thanks for coming out today!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 11:41 PM »

Makes me appreciate living in a country where I can fly outdoors all year round even more!  It'd be too frustrating for me  Sad

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 02:01 AM »

Very nice!

What's the weight of that Aura Indoors?

How long are those lines Devin?

Very nice smooth and flat axels and nice fades.

Well done!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
alien

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 02:58 AM »

ONE STEP BEYOND!
HOTSTUFF...... Cool
GREAT VIDEO AND PILOT.
                         Kiss

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 07:14 AM »

This flying indoor stuff is tougher than I thought.  The Kid flew for a couple hours.  I quit after fifteen minutes.   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

For anyone who hasn't tried it.  If you do....You'll get a new appreciation of Devin's flying skills.   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Gary from Wind Jammers had his mini four blade r/c drone.  No bigger than the palm of my hand.  more like 2.5 by 2.5 with lights.

It was Gary's 1st annual indoor birthday fly.

Happy Birthday Gary  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

In case you have never watched a "Windjammers" video... quick clip:

WJ

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:21 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 07:28 AM »

For anyone who hasn't tried it.  If you do....You'll get a new appreciation of Devin's flying skills.

It's a challenge just to keep the kite flying with no air. now Devin does it with Tricks.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 07:42 AM »

not to decrease devin's flying, but flying indoors is easier when you can do some tricks now and then (instead of giving slack, you have a few moments of rest)

it has been too long, i'll contact some sports-halls tomorrow  Smiley
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 07:59 AM »

I'm with Krijn, it does make life easier unless its a giant stream of them like a huge JL or something. The rest of them you can almost have an opportunity for breathing point here and there. The timing is what makes it rough. Your body stops for a sec but your brain kicks into overdrive for a few.

Ara, the lines are 13ft 90lb. Usually I fly on 20s but we were sharing the facility and I didn't want to be a jerk, haha. Usually my goto for indoors is a PDSUL, so I like the big kites/big lines feel indoors.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change