GWTW Forum
June 30, 2016, 02:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: email the Forum Admin: admin@gwtwforum.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon fun fly  (Read 2402 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: April 26, 2016, 07:24 AM »

This group has taken a hiatus for a while due to RL obligations. However, now that I have my weekends free again I'd like to get this started back up.

As before it will be at Mistlin sports park in ripon. We were doing the second Sunday of the month starting around noon or as early as you want to show up.

This time I'm thinking the firs weekend of the month so we don't cross with some of the holidays like mothers/fathers days like before. Anyone interested or have other suggestions let me know.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:26 AM »

I suggest that I find a way to get down there and hang out with you ... can't remember the last time I have seen a real kite Huh

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:21 AM »

I think you're good enough to fly a kite without seeing it Mr. Hall. Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:04 PM »

Your always welcome Steve. I'm sure we could find someone in sac to bring you with them.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+37)

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29 PM »

I'd love to head out there again!

Allen, AKA kitehead
Fast14riot
Trade Count: (0)

Location: Mid-town, Stockton, CA, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:24 AM »

Just thought I'd check in here too, I'm new and from Stockton, would love to meet some people and learn to fly my kite better.

Cheers!

-Xander

Life's a reach, then you gybe!
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 03:36 PM »

flying with experienced people is the fastest way to improve your skills.
might see you out there one Sunday ... although my skills are gone. I got great stories though  Wink

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Fast14riot

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 04:29 PM »

I like stories!

I fully understand that surrounding myself with accomplished users is the single best way to gather and digest info!

Haven't even flown my new kite yet and already looking at more!

On a side note, any other fliers local that go out more than just this monthly gathering? I don't work Sundays, so those are always open for me.

Currently own only a Prism Synapse 140, looking at a Prism Quantum as well for a framed kite.

Cheers!

-Xander

Ca Ike

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 10:35 PM »

Now that I got my weekends back I'll be flying more. For quick outings I go to the sports complex at the airport which is only a couple miles from my house.

Now for the fun fly, I'm planning on heading out this coming Sunday and plan to make it the first Sunday of the month instead of the second.
Fast14riot

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:44 AM »

I work out near Arch Airport Road, you talking about the soccer fields right on the 99 frontage road?

Yesterday was the first Sunday and this next one is mothers day, hope that doesn't mess up your schedule.

-Xander

Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 06:51 AM »

Yep those are the ones. I'm still headin out this weekend anyway. The first official fly will be next month. This month I'm just trying to get the word out.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+37)

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 02:01 PM »

Next month I'll be there!

Allen, AKA kitehead
Fast14riot

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38 AM »

I'll try to make it out, maybe bring my son (6) and a basic kite for him, I think he'd have a blast.  I could use some hands on help to fly my foil.

-Xander

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom