GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WSIKF where to stay  (Read 1752 times)
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: June 21, 2009, 08:28 AM »

hi all tracey and i are looking into accomodations for the week of the festival. looking for a little local knowledge.. we will have a car so we dont have to be on the beach although that would be nice. inexpensive is good flying into portland monday staying thru sat. thanx ko

have fun kurt
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49 AM »

I am staying in the Ocean Park area which is just a bit north based on a recommendation.  I will PM you the hotel name, but I got the last room.  They do also have campsites.

Its a bit north, but cheaper.

In the past, I've stayed right in-town which is also nice (to be close), but you might have trouble finding much now. 

If you are staying that long, I would check into VRBO.com and get a whole house. I saw one there a few months ago.

I look forward to meeting you.

6 kite tom
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:47 PM »

For a great B&B experience check out Boreas.....say hello to Bill and Suzie.  Very cozy and casual and a short walk through the Dunes to the festival!  If you want something more in line with a hotel-resort, our favorite has always been the Lighthouse.  If not there try the Breakers. 

http://www.breakerslongbeach.com/

http://www.lighthouseresort.net/

http://www.boreasinn.com/

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
ko

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 02:53 PM »

everything under 100 a night is sold out with those listed above  if i can get a room for aroun 60 or 70 that would be great!!  does not have to be that close just need a place to crash thanx again for any help ko

have fun kurt
SKITCH

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36 PM »

Good Luck!  Might try the Long Beach website and just start calling all the hotels in the lodging section...

http://funbeach.com/

Under $100 might be tough during one of their largest festival weeks!

Patrick

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:19 PM »

The best time to start looking for reservations for WSIKF is usually before the end of March...................spring is springing and thoughts turn to kites and the beach and stuff.  Last year, like Tom, we got the last available room in Ocean Park in mid-April, and that was only because there had been a cancellation.  Best of luck to you KO!

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 05:26 PM »

You might try motels in Astoria, Or.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
ko

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 05:34 PM »

update!!! got a room at the mermaid we are set!!!! $78-- nice people      booked a room at the edgewater in L.B. $95  cant be 2 bad they said they have 5 rooms left the  reason i did not start looking sooner is WORK got in the wAy thank you for your help the hotels link did the trick patrick hoping to meet a lot of you thanx again KO ps what i s iwaco like?? they had some also
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:30 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
SKITCH

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 06:28 PM »

That should be great for you.  Very close to all the action and VERY close to the Kite Museum.  Also close to the coffee shop!  You will have a great time.  Probably won't be able to go this year so I will be jealous!   Sad

Ilwaco is a cool little town but it's a bit further down the road from Long Beach.  Stay where you are!!  Go to Ilwaco during the week and check it out.  Some great little restaurants along the Ilwaco Marina walk.  Also some neat shops.  You can also  get a boat to do some charter fishing if you get bored or if you have a rainy day and don't want to fly in it. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:31 PM by SKITCH » Logged

Patrick

Charlie Dunton
ko

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32 PM »

thanx patrick i will be sure to take lots of pics

have fun kurt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum