GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 TISKC Raffle #2 -- The Echo!  (Read 1453 times)
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: December 28, 2013, 08:44 AM »

Donated by Paul de Bakker & Into the Wind, our next TISKC raffle item is the Echo!  The Echo may just be my favorite indoor & no-wind kite, and I'm thrilled that we have one to offer to one lucky person supporting TISKC.  I own two of these kites already, and if I wasn't the commissioner, I'd be throwing in for this raffle myself.

What makes the Echo so special?  Well, start with a phenomenal indoor kite, capable of all the great indoor floaty flying, add all the tricky maneuvers like 540 flat spins, half axels, snap stalls, and round it out with great throw/catch balance.  But that's not all!  The flexible micro fiberglass frame means that this kite also excels outdoors when the wind is just barely there.  Want to get in 15 minutes of flying but don't have time to drive to the local park or beach?  Attach a set of 15-20 foot lines to the Echo, and you can fly in your front yard, your back yard, or even your street (and I've flown mine in all three).   Work in a city?  Bring the Echo and spend your lunch break flying on the sidewalk or the rooftop.

I have quite literally carried mine across the country and halfway around the world.  When everyone else is grounded because the wind dies, the flyer with the Echo continues to keep the crowd engaged.  And on short lines, you can get right in close.  Sure, you could fly a Rev on 120' lines over a boardwalk, but wouldn't it be more fun to be arm's length from the people watching you fly?

Tickets for this raffle are a steal at just $5.00 each, and we're only offering 75 tickets total.  Drawing will be held on the beach at TI on January 18th, but you don't have to be present to win -- and if all the tickets sell out before January 18th, we'll hold the drawing early!  Visit the Eastern League website for all the details.  And if you haven't signed up to compete at TISKC, time is running out to take advantage of flat-rate early registration.  Register by January 1, 2014 to save big!

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37 AM »

I am in for tickets!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:01 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
alleykat
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Got me a few. I need a good no wind indoor kite  Grin

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
ko

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:37 PM »

info sent Thanks Jared

have fun kurt
Jared

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09 PM »

This one is going fast!  Only 9 tickets left -- if they all sell this week, I'll hold the drawing and ship the kite out before I leave for Treasure Island (or, if you're the winner AND attending the TI festival, I'll have a kite-in-hand to give you at the event).

http://easternleague.net/events/1012/donate
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Hope I'm in time!!

(snoozing/losing is my way...)

Allen, AKA kitehead
Jared

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:26 PM »

You grabbed the last 5, Allen.  I'm only waiting on payment from a few people, and as soon as all the money is in, I'll hold the drawing and notify the winner.

Good luck!
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56 AM »

any luck pulling the tickets?

Jared

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58 PM »

any luck pulling the tickets?

Waiting on the very last payment; all the tickets have been claimed, and all but one person has paid up.  The very actual second I receive that money, I'll hold the drawing.
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 03:50 AM »

Not going win but it would be cool if I did Wink

Jared

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 06:14 AM »

Congratulations are due to Dominic Juliano, who won the Into The Wind / Paul de Bakker Echo!

temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 05:15 PM »

did i win? Embarrassed
temoniprince

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 06:33 AM »

who won
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23 AM »

Am I missing something here?  You only have to read the post above yours!
temoniprince

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 12:10 PM »

GOD im blind BHHAHAHA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document