GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 09:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second week with my ATM SUL  (Read 1025 times)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 30, 2013, 04:43 AM »

Here Is my Second Video.

I was testing different timings (0:10 to 0:18) on the cyniques

also testing softer pulls to harder pulls (0:25 to 0:40) on the cyniques

Half Axles (1:00 to 1:12)

J.L. (1:30 to 2:00)

Learning Yo-Fades (2:10 to end)

iFY2 ATM SUL

Thanks.
mr wojtas

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:08 AM »

Wouw!!!! some sharp flying!!!
Keep up the good work!!
A real motivation video to start trying some new tricks with my sul.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 07:37 AM »

Alright, I have to ask this now.

The ATM looks great, yes. However in literally every video I've seen the kite looks like it struggles big time getting out of a backflip (turtle) from either a multi lazy, cynique, or anything of the sort. JL's of course are a different story, because of their different exiting maneuver.

Geroge can you shed some light on this? Maybe Tom Patterson as well?

Like the kite, and the pilots great, but the kite just doesn't seem to like leaving its home on its back. Any honest info would be more than appreciated! Looking great up there.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:25 AM »

Pretty amazing stuff Jorge. I can't believe that you have picked up the cynique and now the yo fade so quickly - quite remarkable!

Tom

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Devin,

From my perspective, there are no turtle exit issues with the ATM.  You can see my video around 6:00 where I multi lazy to straight exit and it looks struggle-free at least to me.

It is a turtle based kite however which I think is one reason why it tricks so easily and reliably.  I have flown kites where the turtle tendency is so strong that it makes 2 point landings, for example, more challenging, but that is not the case with the ATM.

It tracks like the Sea Devil, but tricks like a cross between Fearless and Transformer in that it gives you lots of input time like the Fearless, but is not as locked-in turtle wise.  So, it likes to be on it's back,but does not insist on it. 

Hope this helps.

6 kite tom
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Sometimes you have to readjust your inputs. I'm in that process now.  I love my ATM . It's a great kite. The only down side I have are the fades. Unless you have a nice smooth winds it's hard to keep it.

Thanks.

Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Very nice flying Jorge, You only have the kite for short time and already do stuff that many people can not do. Keep up the awesome job my friend. Thank you for the video. Happy flying and look ahead of you always Smiley Cheer.

Have a great day !
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

In my next video, I'll look forward to show how the ATM tracks. It's not all about tricks with the ATM. Have to wait for better weather conditions.
trigger

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Always love your videos Jorge.

Now I just wish I could put one together even close to that. I will keep trying though. The Fade had eluded me until this weekend where i got a couple good ones.  I may try my Zephyr(which I have 1+years on)side by side with the ATM New Years Day just to see if I can hold it with the Z any better.  I doubt it, but it's worth the experiment.

The tracking really is good on the ATM, especially considering its trick potential.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Thank You Tom.

I'm also waiting for New Years Day to go out and Fly.

Slack line tricks is just about practicing and having fun. I've been there too. Holding a fade for 4-5 seconds and I was so proud of it.

What tricks do you manage?
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Looks like you had little to no wind

Sine Metu!
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 08:01 PM »

Hi DD:

It Was 3-8 mph at the first part of the video. At the Last Part where I did the yo-fade went down to 2-4 mph
tpatter

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Thank You Tom.

What tricks do you manage?

I can do most all the basics now (yoyo, fade, JL, landings, backspin, slots, insane, etc) as well as the comete and I learned the taz this last year.  Still working on the left hand comete and I can sort of taz on the left side now.  Also, since getting the ATM, I can now cynique, but we'll see how that translates to my other kites!  Smiley  It doesn't seem to stress the ATM like it does other kites, so I have been inclined to work on it much more.  I also seem to enjoy straight-out sharp precision flying a lot these days.

I haven't worked on the yo-fade and some of the other more advanced tricks yet.   

My priority for now is:
- taz on the left and then taz cascades
- comete clockwise and then comete cascade

Thanks,
-Tom

6 kite tom
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 04:28 AM »

Hi Tom:

I'm more less at the same level you are. Still working on the comete.  Taz are easier on the right side. Working my left side now. I can pull some crazy copters and wap do waps but not always come out right. As for presition am creating a routine. Have most of it memorized. Let's see how that one comes out.

Jorge.
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 09:47 AM »

Nice video and great flying Jorge!!!

I'm more less at the same level you are. ...

I personally think Tom is much more advanced.  See his ATM SUL video and his kite review:
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=10549.0
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document