One side is now sewn. Here's what I do prior to sewing.
First I change out to a new needle, I got that idea from one of Sugarbakers builds.
I then reset the tension using some scraps of Icarex. Nothing fancy but I'll run through what I do.
In the picture below you can see how I do this. I simple run a triple stitch up the icarex with the correct number of layers. As the stitch runs I stop and change the tension setting and number the area according to the tension setting.
I then look on both side to see what tension works the best. I am looking to see that the loops between the stitches are buried.
This is how it should look
Notice how the front and back look similar.
In number 1 it is clear that the tension setting is too low because the loops are pulled through the back.
something else that I have got in the habit of doing Is leaving notes to myself! Since I tend to have frequent interruptions I will make notes so I don't forget certain steps.
I put them right on the kite with painters tape so I can't miss it.