GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second week with my ATM SUL  (Read 1093 times)
etully
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 11:06 AM »

BTW, looks like there are two Tom's in this thread who have been confused for one another.  Nice flying Jorge!
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 04:08 PM »

Thanks dihongshao2000:  Smiley I think you were right about Tom

Tom looks more advanced than me.

I Started stunt kites just for fun. That's why I make my videos. I get lots of feedback from friends telling me about things I can improve.

My main goal is to improve my flying skills.

I wish everyone happy new year.  Smiley

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 07:14 PM »

It's all relative Jorge!  I can't do a yo fade and there is always room to make everything look smoother and cleaner no matter who you are.

I admire your skills and flying attitude - have you entered VF yet?  It's a great excuse to fly more and a lot of fun.  Like you, I've found that its fun to capture video and I think it also helps us get better to see how it all looks.  Smiley

Happy NY to you as well.

6 kite tom
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 02:52 PM »

Thanks Tom:

I have learned everything from watching videos, going out to the field and  figuring out the moves (trial & error).

I'm going to Treasure Island FL. this Jan. 18-19 (the AKA competitions). Hopefully I'll be able to learn from skilled pilots and see how the competition works.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 04:30 PM »

You will have lots of fun at TI. 

I used to be much more involved with the AKA back when my son was competing a few years ago.  It's a great organization and the competitions are also a lot of fun.  You can be as involved as you want from observing, competing, judging, helping out with setup and take down of the fields, lots of room for anyone who has a desire to get involved.

Jared on the forum here is a great guy - be sure to look him up if you haven't already. 

The NWSKL often does hot trick at competitions in addition to the judged routines which were always the highlight for me.  Enjoy yourself!   Wish I were going as well!

Tom

6 kite tom
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change