GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 02:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most important video I ever made: DFS Basic Training  (Read 1197 times)
doddg
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 11, 2014, 07:10 AM »

Hello everyone, No doubt one of the most important videos I ever made for sport kiting because Dodds Flight School Basic (11:23min) gives a person who have never seen a sport kite all the tools they need to not only learn pretty much every thing they need to know to  fly sport kites safely and easily,  but teach others to help grow our sport and pass on our passion!   Please Share! Its Free as it should be! (no links on this post, they are in the photo/video section on GWTW and everything is on my facebook group, Dodds Flight School)
 Flight school Basic Training Includes:
 1. Sport Kite nomenclature
 2. Sport Kite Assembly
 3. Hand Positioning (very important!)
 4. Wind Window
 5. Larks Head Loop
 6. Fly Line Management, set up and wrap up
 7. Safety First!
 8. Flying Field Selection
 9. Beaufort wind Scale
 10. First Launch - Assisted
 11. Solo Launch
 12. Window Search lesson
 13. Pull Circles (one handed)
 14. !/2 Circles, Vertical and Horizontal exercise
 15. Spins and wraps
 16. Push Circle (one handed)
 17. Edge Launch and take off
 18. 2 point landing
 19. The most important of them all. Teaching Basics! So you can pass on what you have learned!

The next step is to review the bridle video and then start working the Snap Stall lesson. DO NOT SKIP AHEAD TO TRICKS. You can, but you are not doing yourself a favor...After the snap stall lesson, study, practice and use the 6 step learning practice system I developed over years of teaching hands on. It will give you the rudimental skills for progressing, and actually covers a lot of cool stuff including the axel. After that, I suggest you begin with the Axel group and then move on to the next. Take your time, one lesson at a time stick with the program, its in an order for a reason and these old videos will give you all the tools to learn todays tricks, which really are only combinations of tricks from lesson and tricks you will learn from my videos.  Send your friends and yourself over to Dodd's Flight School (sportkites) on Facebook or go to the links here on GWTW under photo/video and look for the thread and start training for free today! Enjoy and best winds! I only ever wanted to contribute, and help grow our sport. Sincerely dodd Smiley
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:22 AM by doddg » Logged
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51 AM »

Thank you for all your contributions!
Your videos have certainly helped me keep my 2-liners in the air better,
and helped me become better flyer.
Rock On, Dodd!   Wink
SparkieRob

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:36 AM »

Ditto Dano!

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:05 AM »

Thanks Dodd for your continuing contributions to sport kites and kiting in general.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
rncembal
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:54 PM »

When is the new video coming out.  : Tongue
Rob

Remember before buying on Amazon use this link to help Steve!
http://tinyurl.com/kkid20
doddg

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 06:15 AM »

Probably will never sell any again, but as soon as the snow melts and temps go above 40F, I will start producing many training videos starting where my still relavent but older videos left off,  and post them for free on Dodd's Flight School group on Facebook....Looking forward to the snow melting! lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change