GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 05:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lilith.L - movie  (Read 483 times)
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: January 25, 2014, 02:18 AM »

https://vimeo.com/85018735

thanks for watching

more information here: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=10154.0

Krijn
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:22 AM »

Need to learn how to make stunt kites.
bryan beasley

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:23 AM »

I like that. Nice one.

Bryan.
JayDee

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09 PM »

Great flying and nice music matching the slow pace!  What was the wind like?  Looks like no more than 3 km/h, but nice and steady?!

I am always a little wary of weeds on a field like seen in your video.  In North America that stuff tends to be spikier than it looks, and I have suffered at least one pin hole from flying over it  Cry

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:15 PM »

Krijn,
What is your final framing setup?  I recall that you were considering using 3pt in the upper leading edge (instead of 2pt).  I've got Lilith on my list of kites I'd like to build now that I'm getting my studio back in order. 

I've also considered the new nitro light for the lower spreader (that Jon T. has recently made available at sky shark). 

Anyway, fun video and awesome flying. 
etully
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56 PM »

I must strive to make my corners that nice. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:06 PM »

ah, some questions
answers below

What was the wind like?  Looks like no more than 3 km/h, but nice and steady?!

I am always a little wary of weeds on a field like seen in your video.  In North America that stuff tends to be spikier than it looks, and I have suffered at least one pin hole from flying over it  Cry

yes, i think you are right about the wind, 3km/h seems right
but in the shots with mainly "flying" (with me in frame) the wind was a bit more, maybe 5km/h

the field is pretty good, there are not that much of weeds around (low camera-position gives you another feeling) and they are soft-ish

What is your final framing setup?  I recall that you were considering using 3pt in the upper leading edge (instead of 2pt).  

the framing is just as in the plans, but i used a new/other standoff-position (7cm (!) outwards for all four of them), i got this from jonathan himself

if you build a lilith.l make a dacron strip on the trailing edge long enough for this position, just a few holes in that strip and you can try it for yourself

Krijn
KaoS
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 03:47 PM »

...the framing is just as in the plans, but i used a new/other standoff-position (7cm (!) outwards for all four of them)

Phew!  it wasn't just me  Sad

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to get used to the Lilith.  I didn't like it in UL form, so I re-framed it as a standard.  Still disappointed.

Right from the start it felt slightly wrong.  Particularly frustrating was the slowness of the back flip and the reluctance to roll up (I found it nearly impossible on the UL).  And it also had a clumsy transition between some combinations.  After a few frustrating sessions I decided I had nothing to lose by doing some modifications.

I stitched on a longer reinforcing dacron on the trailing edge and punched a variety of new standoff holes, then moved the standoffs further out.  After trying various configurations, my new location for the inner standoff is about 5mm outside where the original outer standoff was.  The outer standoff is the corresponding distance away from its original location.  This has made a huge difference.  Almost immediately it became a very nice kite.

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography