GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practising Slots and Tazs with my new SS  (Read 907 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 31, 2014, 02:49 PM »

Ditto

Sixth Sense - Taz & Slot Machines - Nova Mar Bella beach Barcelona - 2014-01-31 nomusic

Practise, practise, practise...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:07 AM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:22 PM »

Nice... I like it. Ara
JayDee

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:46 PM »

Cool how you chase the young lady out of the frame at 3:00  Tongue

I wonder how long Pink Floyd's "Time" is going to last.  My very first kite video way back when had "The Great Gig in the Sky" as the audio.  Same album, obviously.  At some point, I realized YouTube had muted it on copyright grounds:

Pulling Strings at Shoreline

Censored Audio

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:51 PM »

Thanks JayDee
Nice video of yours!

Yes, I do want to put music that is not copyright affected in my videos, but I can't seem to figure out how.

For my last two, I went to YouTube Music channel and saw that those pieces were being used by other people.
So I thought I could use them too.
But after uploading the videos both have been flagged...  Sad

I'd be very grateful if anyone could explain which are the steps for finding AND obtaining music that is not copyright bound.

Thanks.

BTW, I wasn't chasing the young lady.
It was perspective that by chance made it look that way.
I don't want to risk having an accident when in may occasions I can still not control the kite well enough.
But on the video it does look funny.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:53 PM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
JayDee

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:46 AM »

Try Creative Commons sites like ccmixter.org.  Some of the music under CC license is quite amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 01:34 AM »

Try Creative Commons sites like ccmixter.org.  Some of the music under CC license is quite amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Great thanks!

In my bag...
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 07:53 AM »

just use vimeo
hawkerhunter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 11:03 PM »

Hi Narcis.  The easy way to add music in youtube is once you have loaded the video go into "Video Manager."  This is where all your videos are listed. Find the video that you want to ammend and click "Edit" This will then take you into a screen where you will see a "Audio" button. Click this and you will be given a list of music options. Just have a play around until you find a track that you like and then "Save" teh changes. Whilst you might not find the track you would like to add they do have a good selection and it avoids all this copyright crap.

Steve
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 03:17 AM »

Hi Narcis.  The easy way to add music in youtube is once you have loaded the video go into "Video Manager."  This is where all your videos are listed. Find the video that you want to ammend and click "Edit" This will then take you into a screen where you will see a "Audio" button. Click this and you will be given a list of music options. Just have a play around until you find a track that you like and then "Save" teh changes. Whilst you might not find the track you would like to add they do have a good selection and it avoids all this copyright crap.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
As you can see I have now used the service.

But I find it quite Sh1tt4.
Couldn't they at least provide an automatic fade out when the music is longer than the video to get a smooth end?
This is quite appalling...

But thanks anyway. At least the video has some nice music background texture.

In my bag...
hawkerhunter

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 07:10 AM »

There might be a way of doing that Narcis but I haven't discovered it yet. I just search through tracks of a similar length until I find one I like. Like Krijn suggests maybe vimeo is the way to go. I need to look into that.
JayDee

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 11:44 AM »

Yeah, the YouTube music has a few substantial limitations.  It may be good if all you want is background texture, but it does not allow you to sync anything up, match the pace or, as Ara says, even adjust the length properly.  I tried it a couple of times and found it very unsatisfactory.

While I generally agree with Krijn to use Vimeo instead, I wonder whether they might be affected by the same copyright issues sooner or later.  There is no penalty trying out Creative Commons music.  My two latest videos (http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=10737.0 and http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=10680.0) were created with music from http://ccmixter.org.  Particularly "Dragonfly" in the Summer Flying video is a great piece of music IMO.  It was an editor's pick at the time I started making the vid.

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 12:50 PM »

Yes JayDee, but some of us cannot afford to spend time searching for music. In other words, finding something you like, let alone something that is adequate for your video.
I already know a lot of music I like and I can choose from this one that fits quite well with what I'm searching for...

In my bag...
Hadge

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 03:24 PM »

I'm fairly new to this video lark.  I don't edit in Youtube video manager, I edit on my laptop with Windows Live movie maker, adding the music of my choice and captions, fades etc to sync it all up and then upload the finished thing onto Youtube. You have to acknowledge third party content, but so far nothing has been flagged or taken down.  I do always acknowledge the artists in the video.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document