GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First flying impressions.... for the second time.  (Read 328 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: February 07, 2014, 07:23 PM »

I just shook this out of my camera... It's some video from when I first got my Solus back from its long journey around the country. Anthony had done some tuning work to it for me, and sent it to Kite Party, and I think from there it went back to Skyburner, back to Anthony, then home to NY. Anyway... this is the first time I had it out in a good smooth beach wind. I've been flying it ever since as my goto kite, whenever the wind is right. This is shot in ~5mph of wind, it can fly in a little lower wind, and I've flown it up to ~15mph comfortably.
In the half year + that's passed since this was filmed, my inputs got a little smoother as I got more used to the kite. I haven't found anything it can't do, straight lines, crisp turns, all the tricks I know how to do... Looking forward to the next time the wind is right so I can fly this kite !

S'more Solus...

JayDee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:53 PM »

Looking forward to the next time the wind is right so I can fly this kite !

You mean the wind is right, the temperature is above bone-chilling, and there is less than 3 ft. of snow on the ground?  I'd like to see _that_ for a change.

Nice video of relaxed summer flying!

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:59 PM »

Thanks, JD. I'm still flying, but we only have 1 foot of snow on the ground... but my fingers get so numb, it's tough to untie the kite when I'm done flying !

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 09:19 PM »

I was one of the many who had hands on that kite, so I'll take a little credit for it's good behavior.

Anthony practically slept with it, so maybe he's responsible for any bad behavior?  Wink

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document