GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I tried a Premier kites Nighthawk  (Read 1181 times)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 04, 2014, 07:53 PM »

A Sweet kite  Smiley

NighHawk
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:11 PM »

One of the best kites for the money, IMO. Glad you liked it, super fun little booger.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:21 PM »

One of the best kites for the money, IMO. Glad you liked it, super fun little booger.

Thanks adx1592.

Nice kite. I't tricks well, even considering its size... and I'm used to fly bigger kites.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35 PM »

I also have another video with the NightHawk.  This was just playing follow the leader. with my ATM

Team Flying

Thanks.
JayDee

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:02 PM »

[Off_Topic_Alert] Is it a video artifact, or are those flood lamps actually on in broad daylight? [/Off_Topic_Alert]

Sure looks like a much better kite than the price would suggest.

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 04:11 PM »

It was 6:00 pm plus when I was flying.

Last week it was getting dark at 6:00 pm. I guess they haven't changed the timing for the lights.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 04:48 PM »

kept waiting for you to paste that kite

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
mr wojtas

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 12:47 AM »

Is something different i think. Nice flying !
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 02:30 AM »

I was thinking those posts were made for pasting.

Cheesy

kept waiting for you to paste that kite
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 07:16 AM »

Jorge,  there is only one reason that kite fly's so well.... Jon T. He did a lot of adjusting this past summer on that kite. Huh Huh  If you like the Night Hawk wait till you try the "Wolf"... Tongue Tongue  and talk about saving a bunch of money....  Kiss Kiss The Night Hawk and the Wolf are closely related brothers.  When ever you get a Jon Trennopohl kite for under $130 dollars with line set ... BUY IT... Cool

I have for years been very bias towards Sky Burner Kites.  Lips sealed Lips sealed It is what I have been taught on and I live 45 minutes from "Kites and Fun Things"...  So it makes sense.  Wink Wink However there is something else that keeps me in the Sky Burner family.

I live in Detroit we export Cars around the world.  If your Ford breaks down  Cry you have to go to a Dealer to get it fixed.  You can't call Bill Ford.

You buy a Sky Burner Kite (or any kite for that matter) and have a problem... You can call Jon T. at 1-734-454-3760 anytime of the day and he will talk to you. Kiss Kiss Kiss

Jorge just bought a new "Nighthawk" for around $125.00 w/line set (worth$35/40)... Huh Huh  He probably did not buy it from Jon T.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed But he can call him any time or even ship it to him if there is a problem... Huh Huh  He'd fix it... Grin Grin Grin

Everyone in this community that knows him will support this perspective of Jon.  He stands by anything with his name on it...

Jim a friend who fly's on Wednesday had his van stolen... Sad Sad inside were all his kites...Gone!  He lost $1500 worth of kites. Cry Cry Cry  The first kite he replaced was his Night Hawk... Undecided Undecided He loves that kite.

Over the years what I have learned that some kites do certain tricks easier than other kites.  That flying different kites and transferring each trick to that kite can be difficult because of the differences (i.e.size) in kites.   Smiley Smiley Smiley

As a beginner we tend to feel more confident with a kite that does our favorite trick easier.  I always liked the Night Hawk because it felt less pull in heavier winds.  Smiley Smiley (But after my Teams Partner  :(pounded me to fly in stronger winds that is no longer a thing.)

Jim got a Ocius Ul just before the Fall... Up it would go... down it would come.  Up would go the Night Hawk .... ( I love the Ocius Ul) ... Jim does some nice tricks with her.  Insane,540-,axels,half axels turtles etc.  Jorge shows how well it fly's.. Wink Wink

If your thinking about buying one.  Call the store and talk to Jon...ask him what he thinks.  There are a number of kites to talk to him about...  (save $$$  Tongue Tongue Tongue ask him if he has any used kites).  This is what buying "American made" is all about...

Buying American helps our economy Yes.  No doubt.  But in this sense Buying American allows you easy access to the person who builds your kite.  Grin Grin Grin The person who can fix it in days.  If you ship him a kite over night... It's fixed immediately and then sends it back over night...
 Costly Over Night shipping ..absolutely ... imagine the same cost shipping over night to Europe ... Not to mention  the phone call ... also most of us speak English.

Buying American Kites isn't saying we're better.  Just more convenient.  Heck, if I could walk into Jon's store and buy a TNT or one of PAWS kites.. I'd buy one...  Tongue  but I can't.  Cry
2ft. of snow yesterday... had to Pontificate for a moment...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 08:02 AM »

As a beginner we tend to feel more confident with a kite that does our favorite trick easier.  I always liked the Night Hawk because it felt less pull in heavier winds.  Smiley Smiley (But after my Teams Partner  :(pounded me to fly in stronger winds that is no longer a thing.)

HAHAHAHAHA. What a baby. Wouldn't fly in 10+. Sheesh.  Cheesy

I did learn a lot of tricks on the nighthawk. As joe said its fantastic for the money.  Cheesy
The wolf is the new one from Premier yes and its ok. The new Widow NG is totally the new steal from premier these days. Super deal.

George if you get ahold of one or the opportunity I'd love to hear your opinions. You seem to really be passionate about this whole thing and seem to practice lots. Keep it up, its paying off.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 02:54 PM »

You little Creep "O"...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Yes,I forgot the Widow NG is a steal for the money... Dev he was doing some nice JL's with the Night Hawk... He is getting so much better .... his JL's were better with the Hawk...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 05:10 PM »

In 2013 is when I really started to improve my flying.  Grin Around March I got a French Connection II UL for my Birthday.  Smiley Smiley Smiley I connected right away with this kite. Like Vertigo2U mentioned, I felt confident with my FC.  Smiley 

Back then I only knew how to do JL. Yo-Yos, fades, half axles, flic-flacs, insanes, wap dowaps, LSs and lots of walk of shames. Embarrassed

So I started joining Groups in FB. Started with the videos. Decided to make at least 1 video per week.  Cheesy That's were I started to practice more and more to look good on those videos.

To make this long story short I have now over 70 Kite related videos that I have done in the last 11 months. That's over 6 videos per month.

With all this practice and watching other videos from experienced pilots, I can add cascades, multi yoyos, cyniques, Taz Machines, yo-fades and now I'm working on the comete.

I started with this forum 5 month ago  Smiley Smiley Smiley and I want to Thank everyone in this forum for your support.  Smiley Smiley Smiley  I still have a long way to go. just taking it a step at a time  Smiley

I always heard about  Jon Trennepohl and all his kite designs.  Now I'm convinced about how good his designs are.  I'm Calling tomorrow my local kite store to find out if he has a Premier Wolf. or the Widow NG.  Thanks vertigo2u and adx1592 for the tip.  Smiley
adx1592

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01 PM »

Widow NG is the way to go. The wolf is fine, but... the Widow is the real steal.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
BrianS
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 09:35 PM »

Devin,

Have you had a chance to fly the new Wolf NG? If so, how does it compare to the original Wolf?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document