First flying impressions.... for the second time.

Pages: (1/1)

RobB:

I just shook this out of my camera... It's some video from when I first got my Solus back from its long journey around the country. Anthony had done some tuning work to it for me, and sent it to Kite Party, and I think from there it went back to Skyburner, back to Anthony, then home to NY. Anyway... this is the first time I had it out in a good smooth beach wind. I've been flying it ever since as my goto kite, whenever the wind is right. This is shot in ~5mph of wind, it can fly in a little lower wind, and I've flown it up to ~15mph comfortably.
In the half year + that's passed since this was filmed, my inputs got a little smoother as I got more used to the kite. I haven't found anything it can't do, straight lines, crisp turns, all the tricks I know how to do... Looking forward to the next time the wind is right so I can fly this kite !

--
S'more Solus...

JayDee:

Quote from: RobB on February 07, 2014, 07:23 PM
--

Looking forward to the next time the wind is right so I can fly this kite !

--

You mean the wind is right, the temperature is above bone-chilling, and there is less than 3 ft. of snow on the ground?  I'd like to see _that_ for a change.

Nice video of relaxed summer flying!

RobB:

Thanks, JD. I'm still flying, but we only have 1 foot of snow on the ground... but my fingers get so numb, it's tough to untie the kite when I'm done flying !

Allen Carter:

I was one of the many who had hands on that kite, so I'll take a little credit for it's good behavior.

Anthony practically slept with it, so maybe he's responsible for any bad behavior?  ;)

Pages: (1/1)