Need help with new Prism 4D attaching bridle lines

(1/4) > >>

Captainbob:
I just got a new Prism 4D today and was setting  it up and I have one question that I cannot seem to find an answer for.  There are two long bridle lines that come from the T connector at the rear of the kite, and connect to the Red and Dark Blue Leaders. These lines end in a larks head knot, and then attach somewhere on the leaders. The leader ( I will just talk about the red one), has 3 knots in it's 5" length, one at each end, and one in the middle. One end is where the kite line is attach ( lets call that knot 1) , the other end attaches to the prussik knot which is the bridle adjustment ( lets call that knot 3) . I understand how the bridle adjustment works, and that  is not a problem.

My problem, is exactly where do I attach the long bridle line that comes from the T-connector using the provided larks head knot?  If I attach it between any of the 3 knots, the larks head seems to be free to slide around between the knots on either side of it, as soon as there is some slack in the line. I also can't figure out if the larks head knot should be between knot 1 and the middle knot  or between the middle knot  and knot 2.

I would have posted this on the Prism Forum, but I find it impossible to register on that forum after 2 weeks of trying.

Sorry, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. Don't know how to move it. 

tpatter:
A picture would help I think.

I'll take a picture of mine for your if that would help.

In the meantime, enjoy this video I took of flying mine a few years ago.

http://youtu.be/RgnoJNNA2ao

I won this kite by participating in Virtual Freestyle.  The kite was donated by the owner and sponsor of this forum - Steve Hall. 

Captainbob:
Quote from: tpatter on February 14, 2014, 09:24 PM

A picture would help I think.

I'll take a picture of mine for your if that would help.

In the meantime, enjoy this video I took of flying mine a few years ago.

http://youtu.be/RgnoJNNA2ao

I won this kite by participating in Virtual Freestyle.  The kite was donated by the owner and sponsor of this forum - Steve Hall. 

Hi,

Great Video and flying...

The reason I didn't include a picture, but a description of the issue instead , is because I am not sure where to attach the larks head knot when taking the picture, which is my problem in the first place. I guess what I am trying to say, is if I have the long bridle line from the t connector ( one going to the Red leader, and the other going to the dark blue leader) ending in the larks head in my hand, where exactly  on the red leader line, do I attach this knot?  So, if someone has this connected correctly on their 4D, they would just have to see where the two lines from the T connector attach to the red and blue leaders.

Hadge:
This is the standard Prism set up with the line from the centre T below the 2nd knot. Don't worry if it slides up and down, when it is flying it will be forced against the knot by the wind pressure on the sail.

However you can also fly it with the line from the centre T attached just below the 3rd  (top) knot which alters the way the kite flies and which some people prefer.

Captainbob:
That's what I needed to know.. Thank you very much. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page