GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AzizA!  (Read 1060 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: February 19, 2014, 10:07 AM »

Recent posts about the Psycho made me want to get out another little radical trickster from the mid '90s.

The Matheson AzizA (designed by Ben Purcell) has about the same wingspan as the Psycho but a very different sail shape. A lot more keel. A better flyer, the AzizA isn't as flippy as the Psycho. The AzizA is totally fun to toss around but doesn't seem to invite abuse they way the Psycho does. Maybe it's because this particular AzizA is on loan from a friend.  Smiley

Thanks Rob!

Allen, AKA kitehead
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:47 AM »

Drool.  Such a tease!  Cheesy Looks very interesting.  Have never flown one. Thanks for the pics.   

Was able to fly the Psycho yesterday.  Winds in the mid teens and 50' lines  Huh  Moved the TPs out a bit to tame some of the oversteer.  Now it's just neurotic but still a speedy little bugger.  I sneezed and it axeled.  More later...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:04 AM by stapp59 » Logged

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:19 PM »

old picture.....but a fun one...missing at least one from this pile too....

Love this kite.....and Allen you described it perfectly....deeper than a psycho and a wee bit slower....but a blast...
i am usually on ~40' lines....
the Black skin/Yellow tip is my first one and is severely stretched....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12 AM »

Ooooooh Black & Red.   Huh

ATB,
Sam
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43 AM »

it was really neat to hear from Chris about his designs around this kite and the zenith....

short quote is that the AzizA was based on the Psycho...and the Zenith was more vaguely based on the Aziza...and Ben did not have that much to do with the design...

thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:46 AM »

Ooooooh Black & Red.   Huh

ATB,
Sam
and i had both variations of red/black and also black/red

Danceswithwinds
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 09:50 AM »

I have been lent one of these a week or so ago, strangely. What a fun kite never come across one before. Almost up to Psyco madness,but I am biased to Psyco`s,owning  five of the beasts. Also having just won Weymouth trick out flying a Psyco against modern kites in Swiss cheese winds,covered a lot of ground.!!
Still the AzizA has made me grin since,100ft lines and 30mph,more pull than Psyco. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document