GWTW Forum
August 31, 2015, 12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: email the Forum Admin: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just bought HQ Sratus questions about wrist straps  (Read 1220 times)
Brittas
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 17, 2015, 11:12 PM »

Hi I have always had a stunt kite since I was a kid. I have always used the standard plastic handles to fly my kites.
my current kite must be 25 yrs old  so I thought I would invest in a HQ stratus. I like the idea of being able to fly it on the beach when winds are light.
How do wrist straps come in to play? Do you not use handles and tie line to the straps. Can't quite get my head around why you would want straps around your wrists?
Hadge

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 12:43 AM »

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

Old and cheaper kites often come with the line wound on 'yoyo' spools or handles and you just unwrap as much as you want - problem with this is that the line lengths aren't always the same and that can stop the kite flying properly.

The HQ ready to fly kites ( and most other kites) come with the lines pre measured on a winder so both are the same length. You attach the loops at one end to the tow points on your kites bridle, unwind all of the line on the winder and then attach the wrist straps to the other end - make sure you have them in the right hands , if you attach red loop to the right side of your kite make sure you have the handle with the red loop in your right hand.

This video explains the set up - it's for the Limbo but will be the same for your Stratus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuOAnzxF3k

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
AzKiter

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:27 PM »

you can use the straps however you want... personally in stronger wind I will loop them thru the wrists and in lighter wind I'll put my pointer and index finger thru the strap and use my thumb to keep grip

Palmahnic

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:07 AM »

you can use the straps however you want... personally in stronger wind I will loop them thru the wrists and in lighter wind I'll put my pointer and index finger thru the strap and use my thumb to keep grip

I really like the Prism red/blue straps. They might be on the thin(not so paded) side, but the line adusting feature is great. First I made them into finger straps, by folding from the middle and sewing, now I'm trying to make them into separate-following-digits straps with the pointing finger pressing at the large piece just before the line. It's been fun, and I think I almost have it the way I want it.

Thank you kindly,
Iftah.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum