GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: spars for a Falhawk THP Platinum AVS  (Read 460 times)
juancho14d
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 22, 2014, 10:42 PM »

ello, i am juan esteban cadavid from Colombia, South America

in 2001 I went to hawaii and Bought a kite in High Performance Kites, a Falhawk THP Platinum AVS unfortunately my kite spars are broken and i donīt know where can buy it or what specifications should I look for these spars to buy for my kite. (i know now is a old fashion kite)

have already been many years without flying my kite and I wish I could fly it again

can you help me with this or you can refer me to someone? I would appreciate you can help me with some information

thank you very much

hoping to fly again

Juan E. Cadavid
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:59 PM »

welcome. While I have flown a kite like yours, I have never owned one, so sadly I can't provide the information you seek, but I do know you have found the right place on the internet to get the help you need. Hopefully someone will be along soon who is able to help. They are a great bunch of people here. I just wanted to say hi, and hope you are back in the air soon.

FĄdeli°
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41 PM »

Contact Jon Trenephol of Skyburner kites at JTandM@skyburner.com   Jon was the one that designed or helped design the THP spars for the platinum while working to creat the G-force tube line for kites with Avia and Easton's Erea Borowski around the same time in the early 90'S. HE would be the best one to know what to replace them with.  If you still have the original spars you can see if they have any markings on them as well.
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44 AM »

Hi Juan,

The Falhawk THP Platinum AVS (vented) was framed with T.H.P. Pro Carbon strong dark green spars.

Unfortunatly, these spars are very very hard to find today.  Sad

You can change to SkyShark 7PT tapered rods for your AVS.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:39 AM by Michel » Logged
juancho14d
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:24 PM »

hello

thank you very much for your help.

i will try to contact jon trenephol

also i will contact with SKY SHARK people

I will keep in Contact, to tell you how it goes

juan esteban
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25 AM »

Jon *IS* the SkyShark guy  Smiley 

hello

thank you very much for your help.

i will try to contact jon trenephol

also i will contact with SKY SHARK people

I will keep in Contact, to tell you how it goes

juan esteban

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change