Premier Widow NG - First Flight
(1/2) > >>
theishkid:
Here's my first flight with my new Premier Widow NG. It was finally nice out with good conditions. Sometimes the wind was a little gusty, and sometimes it crawled to almost nothing in the hour we were out there... but that's Oklahoma for you.

This was my first time actually flying a stunt kite except for my Prism foil.
Sorry for the shaky footage.
I think I did some kind of trick close to the end but honestly I couldn't do it again if you had a gun to my head.

Premier Widow NG - First Flight
Tmadz:
Congratulations. Conventional wisdom still holds. You won't get better unless you fly. Just keep doing it. There's plenty of tutorials out there and some good old DVD's you can get your hands on.
stapp59:
You just about had an axel there towards the end.  Much better than my first flights.  Good job.
whitebirdlover:
Quote from: stapp59 on February 24, 2014, 04:18 AM

You just about had an axel there towards the end.  Much better than my first flights.  Good job.

And, a crisp stall at about :29  8)
tcope:
Wind speed appears to be on the upper level of the kite. When this happens you may want to spend more time with the kite a little more on the side of the wind window (more to the left of right, not directly down wind). It takes a little more skill but from watching the video I don't think you'd have any problem with this. Tricks are going to be difficult in strong wind. Most tricks require some type of slack line. Difficult when the kite is really pulling.

I'd guess the wind was around 10mph and I'd say 5-7 is the kites sweet spot.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page