GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 10:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks based on Fades...  (Read 1240 times)
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 03, 2014, 07:27 PM »

This time decided to stop running  Huh (from the double and triple AVFFF)  Tongue

To slow it down went with the Fade and some fade related combination. you will see Jacobs Ladders, Pancakes, Flic-Flac, Back Spins, and Lazy Susan.  Grin

Fade Based Tricks Kite: Duende 2.2 Std

Thank You.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:06 AM »

Very nice and clean!  Smiley
Beautiful rising fades and smooth tricks.
Great! Thanks for sharing.

Now I've got more work to do...  Angry
 Cheesy

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:39 PM »

Wind was on my side. For tricks like fades you need smooth winds. From 1 to 9 wind quality was 7.
JJF6

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 02:01 AM »

Hi,

I have a Duende  Ul, the kite performs rising fades easy without trying, the kite fades and holds fade easy, back spins and flic flacs all solid. In my opinion this kite is the next generation development from the Flying wings Soul. For the price the Duende will perform as good or better than my $ 500 custom kites but in saying that I do appreciate the small sublime tweeks that those kites offer. Great flying and great entertainment.

Cheers
K
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:51 PM »

Been watching all your videos.. Nothing but  Cry Cry snow here...  Cry ...  Have to tell you though...

Cool Cool Your flying has progressively gotten better this past Winter.  Kiss Kiss Looking back a couple months Huh Huh you weren't as Good as you are Now  Grin Grin Grin Grin... congratulation's on excellent progress.  Kiss  It really shows on how you handle the JL's... Your putting together some nice looking Combo's... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue  Your early flying didn't show much on Combo's  Lips sealed Lips sealed ...

You've set the Bar up high for the rest of us trying to learn those tricks .... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

If it would just warm up and melt the snow... We usually start flying the Wednesday after Day Light Savings, the field is covered in snow.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

p.s.- Kite Party this week-end ??

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 05:24 AM »

Thanks Vertigo2u  Smiley

hope that snow melts soon so you can go out and fly.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 05:37 AM »

Very nice and clean!  Smiley
Beautiful rising fades and smooth tricks.
Great! Thanks for sharing.

Now I've got more work to do...  Angry
 Cheesy

Thanks Ara Ararauna...

Just try one trick at a time.
if you know how to do a Lazy Susan and a yo-yo rolled up
then try:
doing the yo-yo rolled up first
fly the kite around rolled up.
then try the lazy susan rolled up.

each kite is different. I recommend you try with light sharp tugs first for the Lazy Susan (sometimes light sharp tugs are more effective)

for The AVFFF , I do is a light sharp tug. all you need is to start the rotation of the kite and give slack to keep the momentum going.

Hope this helps.

Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 05:42 AM »

Hi,

I have a Duende  Ul, the kite performs rising fades easy without trying, the kite fades and holds fade easy, back spins and flic flacs all solid. In my opinion this kite is the next generation development from the Flying wings Soul. For the price the Duende will perform as good or better than my $ 500 custom kites but in saying that I do appreciate the small sublime tweeks that those kites offer. Great flying and great entertainment.

Cheers
K

Hi JJF6. I agree with you.

I'm thinking of getting the UL version too. I Like Bell Chiu Designs.  He has on his videos a Duende 2.4 too (Prototype)  I'm waiting for that one too.
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 08:30 AM »

Jorge: Did you use the 1...2...3...method?  Cheesy  Cheesy  As in 1....RUN....2....RUN....3....RUN.  Cheesy  Cheesy I can't believe you have only been flying 6+ years. You have advanced fast, as in a heck of a lot faster than I have learned. Did you learn from or fly with anybody? 

Hi: Norm
I used the 1...2...3... method only one tug and run.

I started flying kites around March. That puts me on 7 year. I've been practicing about 8 to 10 hours a week in the last year. That's were my progress comes from.

Didn't had anybody that could help me learn.
The only sources I used to learn were:
Prism Videos
Dodd Gross FS
YouTube Tutorial videos. specially Randy Greenway and DPmama74
JJF6

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 04:40 AM »

Hi Jorge,

I have the first version of the Flying Wings Soul and the Second version as standards as well as a UL and a Vented. The Duende just makes tricks more accessible and faster at 2.2 version a bit like the Excalibur range of JJF Level One kites however a JJF cannot rise the way a Duende does. Both kites in my opinion are my go to kites at the moment, I,ve stop flying expensive customs kites and only fly them a few times a year. I now have over 60 Kites so I tell my wife that I would like a kite for Christmas and she understands. I started a tradition about 10 years ago and well it,s continued.

Cheers
Keith   
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 08:58 PM »

Hi JJF6:

I do like Flying Wings kites. I've had a Both Silverfox 2.3 and 2.5 UL versions. and now I have an Airwave Zero and a Duende 2.2. I love those kites. never tried the soul. I suppose that most of these new kites are balanced for higher end tricks...  Rising turtles, Cyniques Yo-Yo based tricks, Wap doo Waps, Taz Machines, yo-fades and all type of possible combinations;

And still be able to track well for precision.

I have 8 kites in my bag.:

Lam Hoac: ATM
Flying Wings: Airwave Zero
Flying Wings: Duende 2.2 Std.
Flying Wings: Silverfox 2.5 UL
NTK: French Connection UL
Eolo: Over
Atelier Kites: Transfer xt.r
SkyDog: Jammin

and hopefully a Duende 2.2 UL (Coming soon)

I hope I can make my kite collection grow like yours...

Cheers.

JJF6

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 04:24 AM »

Hi Jorge,

My warning is that kite flying may become extremely addictive once you realize that every kite has it own personality. Your example of kite based tricks based on fades in my opinion opens up a can of worms, some kites fade easy but can't do momentum based tricks eg MK 1 of the Solus, however I believe they have fixed that problem with some adjustments to the bridle.

The best kite that holds fades forever are the Sano range, In my opinion, I was extremely lucky to get a UL and the last SUL ever built from Paul, they were custom built kites and worth every dollar I paid. I use to have an Aero wave but I actually gave it away to someone as a Christmas present, I still have a 2.3 std and a 2.5 vented but my son broke my 2.5 UL, I have flown the 2.5 Std and is great for nice slow based tricks in the right wind.

Every kite has it,s day in the right wind you just need so many to do that. LOL.

Cheers
Keith     
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum