GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got to FLY.  (Read 640 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: March 21, 2014, 10:49 PM »

Well the wind checked out 4-8mph.  The field was dry of water some mud...  No Snow covering. So I went home and got a kite... First time since November.  Been a LOOONG time... Worst winter in State History... But that has become History...Today I got to fly.  The wind picked up before I got back.  I was flying a Solus std. and had it at the top notch.  Blowing all the wind out. 

It is going to take some tough days catching Jorge.  Being Rusty and weighed down with heavy triple layers doesn't help, but I need some excuse...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

btw: does everyone know how to get free music from You Tube Huh If there is a song you want You Tube will convert it to a Mp3 for free...  IM for more info.. ( I was shocked to find out.  Now I can get all kinds of weird-o songs  Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

New Season 2014'

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:37 AM »

Dumping all the wind in 8mph.  Angry Cry

*grumble*

.... welcome back!  Kiss

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:03 AM »

NO not at 8 mph.  The wind went up real high..probably about 15 mph.  The wind kept blowing the kite around on the ground when I landed...  No would never dump at 8 mph..it wouldn't fly... notice how sloppy some of the stuff is on the left side of the window..couldn't really fly on the edge either.  I kept smacking the air out of the sail to do a few things.  I stopped after about 20 minutes..I slide on the mud...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30 PM »

Nice to see you flying.  Smiley

I can see the wind wasn't the best to fly. Now that the weather is getting better you'll be able to catch up.

trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 06:12 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy that music made me smile more than the HAPPY song!!

This year I am coming to fly with you. we could have used some of your wind down here today.

welcome back!
vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:36 PM »

I really try with the music.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It has to fit...  Grin Grin
Gene said it all ... Wink Wink Wink Wink  I flew yesterday and am posting as I reply... Music and song have to fit ... Kiss Kiss Kiss Huh Huh Huh Cool Cool

We have missed three weeks in a row.  I am leaving for Kentucky in the morning.  Kites are Packed.  Temp going up to 70 degree's tomorrow in Kentucky ... I am leaving hour earlier  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document