GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 03:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gave my solus a face lift  (Read 1123 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: April 02, 2014, 05:53 PM »

I had to order a new sail for my solus Std so I gave it a new look.  It turned out so nice I had to post a few pics Tongue

new solus sail by Ca Ike, on Flickr

new solus sail 3 by Ca Ike, on Flickr

new solus sail 2 by Ca Ike, on Flickr
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01 PM »

Yea, thats hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:22 PM »

Wow, love the colors!

stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:57 AM »

Looks good!

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Wow, looks fantastic! I aways want to put flo colors in my kites, and then always back out in the last second because I get nervous. Then other people post pics and I kick myself for it haha. Looks good.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Trip

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:38 AM »

Very nice!

Robert "Trip" Hilliard
http://hilliard.ws/kites.htm
http://hilliard.ws/kitegallery.htm

"May the wind be at our backs. Stations." -- Kirk, TSFS
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:20 AM »

I'm glad you like it!

(I do not  Cheesy)

Krijn
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 09:05 AM »

What happened to the original sail?  Huh

Allen, AKA kitehead
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 10:24 AM »

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Wow, looks fantastic! I aways want to put flo colors in my kites, and then always back out in the last second because I get nervous. Then other people post pics and I kick myself for it haha. Looks good.
I took a chance after seeing the one on the gallery.  Flo colors don't go well with too many colors but it makes the purple pop nicely.  I'm glad they had enough slate left but I think its the last of it and its a discontinued color.
What happened to the original sail?  Huh
Lots of flying hours and a 40+ MPH gust adding up to icarex failure point (major seam/panel blow out) probably some kind of debris mixed in too.  Going to add it to my "Frankenbanner" of old kite sails Tongue
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 02:49 PM »

I'm glad you like it!

(I do not  Cheesy)

Krijn

+1 it's the same colour as a German on a skiing holiday
Jorge Gouverneur

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 06:02 PM »

I like the colors
stapp59

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 08:35 PM »

Lots of flying hours and a 40+ MPH gust adding up to icarex failure point (major seam/panel blow out) probably some kind of debris mixed in too.  Going to add it to my "Frankenbanner" of old kite sails Tongue

Goodness. I've folded frames and shredded bridles but never blew out an Icarex sail.  Something to aspire to  Cheesy

The Flo yellow is bright and compliments the colors. Ken built me a kite with a similar scheme sans the slate.  Easier to see that kite at dusk.

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
dragonfish

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20 PM »

Nice new look.  Maybe I'll get to check it out in person at Ripon this month.  Wink  (*Hint hint* Ripon details please?  I think I'm finally going to be able to make it out there this time.)

Sorry to hear what happened to the old one. 
jlmcevoy

Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 06:20 AM »

Nice color combination!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 01:24 AM »

Rhonda got me an Exile in those same colors. She had asked off handedly what colors I would choose for a kite, I had been going with subdued colors and said something bright. Of course, being clueless, I had no idea she was ordering me a custom. She ran a choice by Ken who wasn't impressed and came back with the Slate, Grape, Flo Yellow combination and bowed to my wish for something bright going with the large panels in the flo yellow. It's bright   Huh  I would not have ever thought of mixing those colors but somehow they end up working. I really like how your Solus came out and your not going to be flying with somebody else "dressed" the same.

A splash of Florescent can really pop in a sail like you did. Don't be scared to experiment. Who wants a cookie cutter kite? I've often been surprised how color combinations I would never have considered can really stand out.

For the BMK Muse workshop we went around and around about colors, Rhonda leaned towards traditional color combo's while I hit on charcoal, royal blue and a splash of flo orange ( I know, no way) I pushed the button after she fell asleep and we were both glad I did.

Pict1207c by mikenchico, on Flickr

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change