GWTW Forum
July 22, 2014, 10:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat(2)  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Annual Great Lakes Kite Festival  (Read 999 times)
Grant L
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: April 17, 2014, 05:00 PM »

26th Annual Great Lakes Kite Festival
Grand haven, MI is a great place to fly for us Mid-westerners. A great festival in a nice, family friendly town. This has been a family event for my family for years and we always look forward to it. I'll be flying just south of the shower house. Look for my Spikey  ( old photo but still one of my favorites!) Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:03 PM by Grant L » Logged
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:49 PM »

GLKF certainly changed my life for the past 3yrs!!! Previously a gearhead, now I know where every flag is in a 50mile radius!  We have our room reserved for friday and saturday night at the days inn.  Anyone who can make it should!  Beautiful downtown with great food and shopping.

Hope to see some of you there

Jim
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:14 PM »

Previously a gearhead . . . . 

Jim

Oh, I think you might still be a gearhead . . . .  Grin

Don't know whether I'll be able to make it this year or not, but if I'm around I'll make it for at least a day . . .
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00 PM »

I'm trying to make it for the weekend, but might just be a day trip. Hope to see you Jim.
trigger

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20 PM »

That would be great Todd!

On the road all day now, seeing all the summer cars coming out, think i may need to get MARILYN back on the road Smiley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:31 AM »

The lovely wife and I have reservations for Friday and Saturday nights at our usual spot across the road from the beach. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the sand.

Like Trigger, this event changed our lives ... we stumbled on it four or five years ago, having never seen a kite festival of any size in our entire lives. Now, we both fly sport kites and volunteer at events (I serve as PA announcer at some).

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 08:31 PM »

That would be great Todd!

On the road all day now, seeing all the summer cars coming out, think i may need to get MARILYN back on the road Smiley

I smell . . . a gearhead  Cool
trigger

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 10:09 PM »

i smell a.... you better get your IKEr butt to Grand Haven... whoopin'

And when is that fancy September meet gonna get set in stone MR. Calender man?   Huh  Grin
stapp59

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 04:26 AM »

As a warmer for GH, Hoosier kites posted a notice for next weekend:

International kite teams to perform in Shipshewana SHIPSHEWANA IN -- Kites will soar over the Shipshewana skies during the fourth annual Kite Komotion Clinic and Festival April 26. The festival will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Shipshewana Event Center/Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum.

I understand there's something that weekend also at Michigan City?

Does Marilyn refer to a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or horse?  Wink

Steve in Indiana
My kites: http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59
trigger

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12 AM »

Marilyn is a car, just like Marilyn Monroe's white dress. Yea, old girlfriend named her and it stuck.

Thanks for posting Kite Komotion info. I will be there w/o family, then sunday will be a family affair.

stapp59

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:59 AM »

Just reserved a room for Sat night so I get to spend all day Sat and Sun flying kites on the beach! Should be fun...

Steve in Indiana
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 03:33 PM »

I'll be here friday-sat-sun!! I am so excited to be back, its ridiculous. Haven't been in 3 years.

See you all there!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 04:38 PM »

Arrived this afternoon. Got to fly ADX1592's latest prototype!

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
stapp59

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 08:00 PM »

Will be up there early AM.

Steve in Indiana
trigger

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 09:22 PM »

on the beach about 8am!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document