GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In memory of...  (Read 1415 times)
EnergonCube
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 25, 2009, 05:35 PM »

It's a dark day for the music world. The King of Pop, has passed.  Sad  I remember getting the Thriller LP as a child and I wish I still had it. Most only remember the standard cover with MJ laying in a white suit, but the LP opened to a full reveal of him petting a tiger. Classic! Well, that was back during my break dancing days (yes, I said it... break dancing). He was my generation's Elvis.

Unfortunately, he became a circus act late in his life. His music and dancing, however, will live on and I will always have fond memories of that.

Rest in peace, Michael. This moonwalk is for you.

John Welden

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08 PM »

He was a genius performer, that's for sure. I could watch him moon walk forever.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:21 AM »

I've often said he was a great entertainer, not my choice musically but undeniably one of the best. Maybe a bit strange, but in the entertainment business how many have gone totally bonkers from the pressure & in just a few years? Having retained any sanity after 40+ years of that pressure & constant exposure is to Mr Jacksons credit.

He also gave back, didn't I see where he had supported 39 different charities and given more then any other entertainer? He had class.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:04 AM »

way to much news coverage....hours and hours and hours. Hopefully not days and days.  We live in a very sick socity Cry

"Do what you like"
RonG
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:53 AM »

And Jackson's death seems to have totally eclipsed another celebrity death yesterday - Farrah Fawcett.  Jackson was a talented performer for sure (though the freak he turned into pretty much eclipsed that IMO), but I can still remember where Farrah's poster hung in my bedroom when I was a kid  Smiley
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07 AM »

I felt sorry for Jackson. As talented as he was, he obviously wasn't happy with who he was.
Farrah was sure a lot easier on the eyes.  Grin
May they both rest in peace.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
John Welden

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 06:30 AM »

way to much news coverage....hours and hours and hours. Hopefully not days and days.  We live in a very sick socity Cry

I don't even have a tv and I'm tired of it.
EnergonCube

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 07:15 AM »

I felt sorry for Jackson. As talented as he was, he obviously wasn't happy with who he was.

Who MJ was is a direct result of how he was treated as a child. His father beat him relentlessly and was verbally abused. Add to that the pressure of childhood stardom and having any resemblance of a normal childhood being taken away. Not to mention having grown women throwing themselves at you (sexually) as a young child would f* up anyone's idea of normality.

I do feel bad for Farrah, though. A sad day for sure.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40 AM »

Jackson was a talented performer for sure (though the freak he turned into pretty much eclipsed that IMO), but I can still remember where Farrah's poster hung in my bedroom when I was a kid  Smiley

Closet door.  Smiley

The rest of the room was covered with surf posters. I think my folks were relived I had a picture of a girl in a bathing suit, not just a bunch of guys in bathing suits.  Cheesy

When he just wanted to be a mini- James Brown, Michael was awesome. I always have I Want You Back on my iPod. For me, his adult life tainted the music so much, I don't even pay any attention anymore.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Kite Rat

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 07:30 AM »

Jackson was a talented performer for sure (though the freak he turned into pretty much eclipsed that IMO), but I can still remember where Farrah's poster hung in my bedroom when I was a kid  Smiley

Closet door.  Smiley

The rest of the room was covered with surf posters. I think my folks were relived I had a picture of a girl in a bathing suit, not just a bunch of guys in bathing suits.  Cheesy

When he just wanted to be a mini- James Brown, Michael was awesome. I always have I Want You Back on my iPod. For me, his adult life tainted the music so much, I don't even pay any attention anymore.

Hi!
My brother had a treasured poster of Farrah, too.  I saw this video posted on another forum yesterday and thought I'd share it. (Funny-I never saw it it when it was current- I'm not really a country music fan but still appreciate the sentiment.)
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2035080/v2165468

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:33 AM by Kite Rat » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document