GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What A Strange Long Trip It Has Been  (Read 649 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: April 21, 2014, 03:26 PM »

I started kiting in the summer of 2001.

A year later I still had not become the world's greatest sport kite pilot (what a shock).

But I did put out a photo album book:  "My First Year In Kiting".

All photos were taken with my first digital camera costing $900 used (Nikon 900s 1 MP).

Each copy cost over $35 to print and I may have sold 25 to 50 copies at $50 with all

profits going into the purchase of the next kite (addict spoken here).

Bambi was cleaning out a bookshelf and found our author's proof copy.

I went through the book reading signatures (Tim Benson, Mark Reed, Ken McNeill, David Gomberg, Dennis Fishback, etc).

I was so young at 53.

My thanks to those of you who ponied up the big bucks to a young upstart who thought he knew everything.  Smiley

I found a .ppt version of the book (no signatures and only 1 corrupt photo). It's about 17 MB. If anyone would like a copy,

send an email to me and hopefully it should go through.

Oops, looks like there are several photos that have corrupted over time. Who knew electrons got old?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:33 PM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:12 PM »

I still have your book, and was happy to pose kites for you way back then , and now.

Allen, AKA kitehead
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:41 PM »

I would have liked to have seen that, John.  Just a couple years early for me, though I've enjoyed the posters and calendars since.

You can email me a copy, please, at your convenience.
Thanks.

Bob
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:46 PM »

John

If it's now too much trouble, I'd love to have a copy. I'll PM you just in this topic has exceeded your attention span  Wink Cheesy Grin Smiley

Larry
True Rookie
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:42 PM »

What..... there are posters and calendar's Huh shows how much of a rookie I truly am. How do I get my hands on them? I would even be interested in out dated calendars if they have kite pics in them

POSTERS OH BOY.....I need to remodel my spare room with them they lay flatter then kites.

No ADDICTION here move along quietly    Roll Eyes

The wind is blowing, hope I learn something today. If not it was still fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document