GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 08:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your favorite online kite shop ?  (Read 802 times)
kite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 01, 2014, 02:36 AM »

hi guys,
im in Australia,buying online is no problem!
just wanted to know what and where you all buy your kites/parts/accesories from who has great prices ?
looking to buy Skyburner pro dancer and widow maker soon thats all.
cheers
glen
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:58 AM by kite_pilot » Logged

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
SparkieRob

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 04:10 AM »

It really does depend on what gear your after. PM sent.

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:40 PM »

If you're buying online, for those two kites I can see no reason why you wouldn't buy them direct from the source.

I suppose you might find a retailer offering them at a slight discount, but why not support the kite maker directly? Besides, Jon & Marieanne are great folks, always a pleasure to deal with and are certainly more knowledgeable about the product line than any one else.

I'm all for having a relationship with a local kite shop, even if the local kite shop is on-line, but if you don't already have a buddy with a kite store, you can do no better than going direct.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:42 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
kite_pilot

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 02:32 AM »

hey Allen,
do you think that i could buy direct from " skyburner " kites ?
or do they have a preferd outlet shop distributor ?
cheers
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
stapp59
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:04 AM »

Right here:

http://www.kitesandfunthings.com/

About 2 1/2 hour drive for me Smiley

Very good people.

hey Allen,
do you think that i could buy direct from " skyburner " kites ?
or do they have a preferd outlet shop distributor ?
cheers
glen

Steve in Indiana
http://picasaweb.google.com/stapp59

Fly so it looks like you meant it
DMF
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 11:51 AM »

Kites and fun things are excellent for all kiting needs!
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 02:35 PM »

Kites and fun things are excellent for all kiting needs!

Agreed!  Jon and Marieanne are great!  Nothing but good experiences I've had buying from them (even when I mess things up like my shipping address!)
Captainbob

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 02:49 PM »

Kites and Fun Things are excellent. Bought 2 kites from the recently, a Niknak and a Premier Widow NG.  Great service, and great folks to deal with.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 03:08 PM »

No brainer...Agreed!  Jon and Marieanne are the best!  And I know they ship Down Under all the time! Kites and Fun Things/Skyburner Sport Kites!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:12 PM by Jimmer » Logged
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 11:25 PM »

Yep, Kites And Fun Things, for Skyburner Kites, Premier Kites, Sky Shark and AVIA spars, APA connectors and almost any other parts you need. Jon and Marianne are Skyburner and Sky Shark along with the US source for PC31 (formerly Icarex). Bundle up your kites, parts and spares to save on shipping. If you don't see what you want on the website call them, Jon probably has some down in the basement.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kite_pilot

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 11:29 PM »

hey guys,
ok cool,thanks for the info needed!  Smiley
cheers
glen

DMF
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 04:03 AM »

One quick thing to know about kites and fun things website, unless its changed recently, is that you cannot complete an online order from out of country.  That has actually worked out in my favour because they are so helpful is choosing parts etc that you are not going to get thing that you do not need.  So when you decide to order drop them a quick email or phone call, they are very quick to get back to you.
JJF6

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 04:30 AM »

G'day from Australia,

1. Briskites - Australia- Jason , Great guy, great service
2. Kites Ireland- Awesome kites great mentor to people who love stunt kites, If you like level one kites- it's the place to go
3. Midwest Kites- DAVENPORT, IA - Rich & Lyn, great support for there products above and beyond.

All the best

Keith
Brisbane
Australia
missionview

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 08:13 AM »

I agree with all that has been said about Kites and Fun Things. My experience with them has been very good, they have great products and customer service. I feel the same about A Wind of Change. They have many product lines and great customer service.

Robert
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 11:57 AM »

Thanks for the nice words and the plug Robert.  We do ship worldwide but shipping into Australia can be a bit expensive with shipping charges and import duties.  Many times you can find the same price by getting the items from your local shop other than having it shipped in from the states.

That being said, if your local shop doesn't have the items you need or can't get them, give us a call and we would be happy to get you taken care of.  You can click our ad on the right hand side or just give us a call.  Steve here on the forum will also be more than happy to help you out with whatever you are needing.

Information is always free. Smiley  And this forum is one of the best places on the net for that.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document