GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 05:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kites you regret buying  (Read 16178 times)
PND
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 11:49 AM »

I liked the 3D but gave to buddy to fly. The Desire UL didn't do it for me. I used the spine and LS in my Shadow UL .Dave Wink
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 12:06 PM »

The only 2 kites I really regretted buying were a Nirvana std. and Nirvana UL.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
PND

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 01:02 PM »

Denny
May I asked why you didn't like them? I have heard here they were ever nce  good kites. Dave
DWayne

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 01:24 PM »

May I asked why you didn't like them? I have heard here they were ever nce  good kites. Dave

They looked good from a distance.
I can't think of anything else I liked about them.

Denny

Sketch

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:56 PM »

My latest Silver Fox 2.5 UL (at first...but sloooooooooowly get used to flying it in wind speeds that I normally fly most of my standard kites.....Hey!
Guess the price was right...however I am seeing some abnormal wear on the fabric at a multitude of spots and the bag that the Fox came in...is a joke!  The material of the bag is so stiff and many cracks in all the creases where its been folded have rubbed completely through but HEY GUESS THAT IS WHAT SILVER DUCT-DUCK TAPE IS GOOD FOR.

Don't get me wrong...the Fox is fun...but it busted my kite buyin budget last year. (Humm? Now that I think about it... Time flies...guess that Fox is going to be a year old round July 4th?)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 06:41 PM »

There's a fine line between being unconventionally opinioned and just being plain wrong.

I can't say that I loved my Nirvana but I sure as hell respected what it could do. I am genuinely flabbergasted to hear that anyone who might consider themselves a proper kite flyer could regret buying a Nirvana. You have perplexed me.  Shocked

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 06:56 PM »

QPro-Vent. The "tank." Then someone gave me the SD-Mid-Vent to try.  Wink Wink Wink. I like smaller inputs without MUCH PULL. The other was that DOUBLE ZERO kite. At this point and this being just my opinion - if you want a  ultra low wind high performance kite - you simply GOT TO PAY the high price tag.
However - there are really no regrets - based on our age, style, experience and the PRICE TAG every kite eventually finds a HAPPY HOME. If not in our home - someone else's HOME.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:06 PM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
DWayne

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 07:22 PM »

There's a fine line between being unconventionally opinioned and just being plain wrong.

I can't say that I loved my Nirvana but I sure as hell respected what it could do. I am genuinely flabbergasted to hear that anyone who might consider themselves a proper kite flyer could regret buying a Nirvana. You have perplexed me.  Shocked

Mike.

Your first mistake was thinking I'm some sort of proper flier. I'm a hack plain & simple. But as I said above, they looked good from a distance. That's as close as I can come to saying anything positive about them. Truth is, I've never encountered a kite I liked less.

Denny

King-J

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 07:23 PM »

Zippy - Mike
The Question applied to the Thread is based on Opinion, I respect every pilot's opinion I have flown with, doesn't mean that would stop me from trying any of the kites posted on this thread as being disliked, but would definitely try before buying, every kite responds differently in the hands of others, What kite do you not care for? I'm sure there must be one!

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
zippy8

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 08:00 PM »

Your first mistake was thinking I'm some sort of proper flier.
I hereby withdraw the accusation  Smiley

That's as close as I can come to saying anything positive about them. Truth is, I've never encountered a kite I liked less.
I remain in a state of flabbergastation.... flabbergastitude.... whatever. For it to be disliked to the extent that, as the thread title says, you regret buying it...  Huh

Quote from: King-J
What kite do you not care for? I'm sure there must be one!
There is, and I posted earlier to that effect. Also I think it's perfectly possible to concede that everyone can have an opinion whilst simultaneously wondering where on earth they get them from. I don't think it makes me a bad person.

Mike.

kitekrazy
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 08:11 PM »

I hate to say it, but...

the Prism 3D

I got a WISKF special edition but it's too small. I'll keep it because it's a pretty kite and maybe I'll fly it occasionally. It doesn't see a lot of action.

I'll agree with you on that. I got it out of the bag last year to fly and those little rubber bands need replaced. Therefore in my world it's not a practical kite compared to the Babytana. I have a quite a few Prism kites and I can honestly say I'm not a big fan of Prism at all. That just means I'm not eager to buy their latest and greatest new inventions.
zippy8

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 08:23 PM »

Benson Gemini.... Think I need therapy   Embarrassed
OK you people are just getting weird  Roll Eyes Who regrets buying a Gemini under any circumstances ?!?!11?

Mike,
have I misunderstood the question ?

kitekrazy
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 09:07 PM »

Benson Gemini

I was struggling with another brand of kite and then a mate advised me to do myself a favour and buy a Gemini. I was hooked and bought several. Then I had to have a Minigem, then a Gemini UL. Just when I thought I was all set Tim Benson upgraded the thing so it all started again (waiting for a new one as I write this).

Think I need therapy   Embarrassed

Now this will make you sad. I have one and I don't think it's even had an hour airtime. I don't dislike it's that I keep forgetting I have one.  I have 3 bags 1)competition kites 2) trick\fun kites (where it's suppose to be) 3) high wind kites. So I went out today and had to use the high wind bag and after putting one of the kites away I wondered what this other kite case I haven't seen. It was the Gemini.

That's what happen when you have a lot of kite and just got back to flying. It's like some sort of sin.
Adicakes
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 09:15 PM »

have I misunderstood the question ?

Yep, you've missed the dry humour there.  Skippy's point was that buying one Benson leads to another, then another, and another, thus emptying the bank account. Wink
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 09:43 PM »

This thread Angry seems to prove that one man's trash Sad is another's treasure Grin.

Gardner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum