GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 05:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spacekites Matador (4m)  (Read 1260 times)
tizdaz
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 07, 2014, 11:04 AM »

Anyone have any experience with this kite please?

Im still deciding what kite to get & this one is very tempting Smiley

would like to know if it also comes with line? & what size the transport bags are?

Thanks
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:08 PM »

A pal of mine has it, it is a majestic kite. very powerful and pretty fast for its size.
But always well behaving.

It does not come with a line by default. Pack size is about 145cm. or 2.55m without breaking the leading edges down.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:11 PM by ae » Logged
tizdaz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 05:26 AM »

Hey ae :-)

Thanks for the info.. After reading up a bit more on it, this is the one im going for, its 399euro direct from spacekites with free shipping, couldnt find anywhere in uk that sells it?

Think im going to get the black and white colour scheme what u think? :-)

What line would you recommend, i want around 100ft but not sure what type i need?

Thanks again :-)
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:32 AM »

Spacekites only sells direct.

You want more then just 100ft lines, much more. It is a big kite, it has a commanding presence and demands more room to be flown. 150ft at least.
How strong depends on your weight, wind conditions etc.
But in general, 130-150DaN, less in little winds, more if you are a heavy weight in strong winds.
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:42 AM »

100 lines is too short IMHO.

Recommended lines for the Spacekites Matador :

70 > 180 Kg (155 > 400 lbs) x 40 > 50 m (130 > 165)

Have a look here.

Hadge

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44 AM »

Hey ae :-)

Thanks for the info.. After reading up a bit more on it, this is the one im going for, its 399euro direct from spacekites with free shipping, couldnt find anywhere in uk that sells it?

Think im going to get the black and white colour scheme what u think? :-)

What line would you recommend, i want around 100ft but not sure what type i need?

Thanks again :-)

You won't be able to buy any of the kites you are looking at from a UK shop - these Speedkites/ large framed power kites are just not as popular as they are in Europe.  The only ones I know available from UK shops are the HQ range and the Spiderkites Atrax L and URO - neither of which is what you are looking for. You shouldn't have any problems buying from European kite shops you don't pay import duty but I'm not sure about VAT.

Just one other thing to bear in mind - I don't know where you are planning on flying it, but if you had a beach in mind remember that just because you are flying a 4m, 1.3kg kite on 165' lines doesn't mean that Mr & Mrs Joe Public will actually register your presence! They have, in my experience, an amount of common sense slightly less than the average sheep and they will wander underneath/ let small children play/ have a picnic/ play football or cricket DIRECTLY under or in the flight path of your kite totally oblivious to the fact that it's there! ...even if you set up in the most secluded part of the beach within 10 minutes they'll be heading for you in droves like Lemmings to a cliff face!......be careful out there!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:12 AM by Hadge » Logged

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
tizdaz

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:16 AM »

Hey guys Smiley

oki doke, so maybe looking at around 100m line then?

Im going to be ordering it all tomorrow (kite direct from Spacekites), anyone know of a good place to buy the line from in the UK?

Aye i know what you mean Hadge, my other hobby is Largescale RC offroad petrol buggy's... need eyes like a hawk sometimes! Smiley

Thanks again guys Smiley

Hadge

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42 AM »

anyone know of a good place to buy the line from in the UK?

Can you order lines from Space kites when you get the kite? The longest ready made line sets you can buy are 30-35 m ( about 120') after that you may have to make your own from a bulk spool. If you contact Kites4U on the link I PM'd you I think he will make sets up.

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
tizdaz

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:03 AM »

ah oki great thanks, will drop him a message Smiley
tizdaz

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 09:06 AM »

so just to be clear, i need around 150kg... and about 100-120m?
tizdaz

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20 AM »

actually maybe 100m is too long, what about 60m (about 198ft) ?
Hadge

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 09:25 AM »

40-50 meter should be OK. Padded straps too.

tizdaz

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 11:33 AM »

hey Smiley

just got reply from chap at kites4u, hes going to give me a quote on 60m line Smiley

Aye looking at the straps now on kites4u, think gunna go for a nice padded one!

Anything else i will need, whats these swivels, are they a good idea or?

Also any other tips or thing i might need, ive never really owned a pro kite before so want to make sure i look after it Smiley
tizdaz

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 11:34 AM »

when i say swivels i mean these:

http://www.kites4you.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d57.html
skb
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 12:43 PM »

Swivels are unnecessary. 

Sent from my '09 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.1
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document