GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your thoughts on SKY BURNER PRO DANCER  (Read 494 times)
kite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 07, 2014, 10:11 PM »

HI all,
before i go ahead and purchase over the weekend ,just wanted your thoughts/feelings on the sky burner pro dancer lite wind kite ?
it seems it is a very good choice for inland unruly crap winds or lack of them!
is it a good choice to go with out of most lite wind kites ?
it says its for 0-10 mph winds so yeah could be the go!
cheers
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:30 PM »

The PDSUL is an excellent old school kite for times when there is no wind and you just need something to fly. It's a pretty specialized kite. It's a big ballet kite designed in the mid '90s. Excellent for flying pairs and team style ballet in very low to no wind.

It is not a modern sport kite by any stretch of the imagination. I've seen a few very good flyers (who have flown it for years) do a limited range of slack line tricks with one, but it is not a kite designed for trick flying. It can do nice axels and 540s with practice, but even those tricks do not come easy. I did not enjoy flying mine in wind over 5 MPH, in fact I rarely flew it in anything over maybe 3.

I'm not being negative about this kite, it is fabulous for what it is, but it is extremely limited by today's standards. It will fly in very low wind easier than most modern kites, which is what I love about it, but you have to be interested in "flying" not tricking.

In the Skyburner line the Ocius SUL would be a better choice for all around flying in very low wind. Not as easy to keep in the air as the big ol' PDSUL, but a very capable all around modern SUL.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:33 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
kite_pilot

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:55 PM »

hi mate,thanks for reply back and info!
im not looking for a full on trick kite any way mate! Smiley,just somthing i can fly around the wind widow and may be do some loops thats all!
cheers
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
missionview

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:19 PM »

You might want to consider the Skyburner Aura for light winds, I have both the SUL and UL models, I find them easy to fly, and they are capable of doing tricks.

Robert
bt
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:38 PM »

+1 on what Allen says....especially the sub 3 mph flying.... No way would I have mine out in anything above that....but then again that's why I have a PDSUL, a PDUL, and a PD vented!
My fav kite(s) to FLY as I'm not a trickster by any means, plus I'm a low wind fan.
Purchase away and enjoy!!!
bt

kite_pilot

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:42 PM »

is it a well balanced kite and floats well ?
does the kite really fly that low of winds ?
i have owned a prism 4d and even that can not seem to fly in 1-2 mph winds and stay up nicely!
they only make a sul now in the pro dancer apparently!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:57 AM by kite_pilot » Logged

Captainbob

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVKqJyc_uus

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPArLN03YM
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:35 AM by Captainbob » Logged

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 10:37 AM »

+1 on the PDSUL. 

Just remember flying in low wind is a new skill that needs to be developed.   

My PDSU was able to fly in 1mph when it came out of the bag.  Grin

Took me a bit longer be able to fly it in that low of a wind.  Cry

kite_pilot

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40 PM »

hi guys,
thanks for the video and your recomendations fellas!
sounds like a good old kite to get!
cheers
glen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document