GWTW Forum
July 25, 2014, 06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4m+ Dual Line Delta?  (Read 565 times)
tizdaz
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 09, 2014, 09:24 AM »

Hey guys, having a bit of a dilemma here!

Had my heart set on the Spacekites Matador, but seems spacekites no longer in business! Sad

So im now looking for a similar 4m Dual Line delta again Sad

any ideas?

Thanks Smiley
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:05 AM »

Missing something.... website is still up and the shopping cart appears to be functional.

Where did you read they were out of business?

ATB,
Sam
tizdaz

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:11 AM »

Hi,

When it gets to 2nd to last step of cart process (just before it goes to paypal) then a database error comes up, also same thing with email, 2 emails i sent auto returned because couldnt reach host.
tizdaz

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:13 AM »

I even tried sending msg via fb to but no reply! :-/
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:03 AM »

Always hard to say what's happening on the other end of the computer.

If all else fails, it might just be time to pick up the phone. 

Not ideal, but I had to do the same thing some years back when I was trying to buy  Hein-Gericke jacket for a friend and it was a model that was only sold in the EU/Germany.

From what I read on DrachenForum, SpaceKites is a one-man operation and it's quite possible that personal life events might also be in play.

ATB,
Sam
tizdaz

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:40 PM »

Aye, i might try ring him tomorrow, problem is im english & hes german so he may not be able to understand me if i do get through lol Sad
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:19 PM »

As Sam said, it is a one man gig, the website is done by a company and email reply can be a bit slow.
Best bet is to just call Michael, he speaks English.
tizdaz

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:28 PM »

thanks guys Smiley

the emails didn't go through, it auto responds as a failure from server, maybe michael doesn't even know there is a problem with website? ..if that's the case he maybe losing alot of custom Sad

whoever is running the website for him needs a kick up the a$$!!

but anyway will try give him a ring tomorrow, ive managed to source a Mirage XXL... but i prefer the Matador so going to hold out & try & get hold of michael to order it Smiley
tizdaz

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 02:48 PM »

well just an update..

I tried ringing the mobile number given on the website & it says un-available so this along with a website that doesnt work & not been updated for about 6 months kind of points to say the business is no more, I sent a text anyway but i probably 99% wont be getting a reply.

Im pretty gutted as i was really looking forward to getting this kite, I even spoke to Manfred at kites4u to sort out the lines! Sad ive explained to him the problem & hes going to try contact Michael but it's not looking good!

The only other kite that kind of catches my eye that's available is the Mirage XXL, but it don't seem as good as the Matador (& it is slightly smaller).

Definately seems to be a big gap in this end of the market in terms of Delta Kites, i know large delta's aint as popular as there smaller brothers, but to have almost none available above 3.5m wingspan is a big let down Sad

ah well, i guess if it's a no go with this matador i may just pass on the idea of kiting for now as i don't want to splash out on the Mirage XXL (which is the only other one available) when im not too keen on it as i wanted something around the 4m+ size Sad
kite_pilot

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:12 PM »

dont give up on kiting mate! Wink
i suppose the " thors hammer " is out of the question mate ?
sorry links to nonsponsors are not allowed and Personally I would highly advise never dealing with the store you linked to! Horrible customer service..~thief
not as big as you like but still a nice large kite! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:23 AM by thief » Logged

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 12:36 AM »

The Thors Hammer is no longer manufactured.  Sad
kite_pilot

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 01:04 AM »

oh!,thats a shame! Sad Shocked

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12 AM »

Let me see what i can do,
I'm friends with Michael.
tizdaz

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 03:07 AM »

Thanks ae :-)

Failing that, Ive managed to find a place that has the elliot mirage xxl, it comes with 35m line, is this a good kite? :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document