GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At last, a couple of days of good winds in Atlanta.  (Read 1303 times)
Captainbob
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 25, 2014, 12:46 PM »

For the past three days the winds in Atlanta have been great, 8-14 mph, and fairly steady. Got to fly my B series Mid vent for hours today, and my SLE yesterday as well as a couple of my dualies. It makes such a difference when you can launch, fly around, and land and take off when you want, with dozens of forced landings every few minutes. Must be heaven to live by the beaches, where this is a daily occurrence. I am helping someone to learn to fly both Revs and Dualies now, and the progress he has made in a couple of day, would have taken weeks, with our normal winds. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:33 AM »

So true Bob!,
I just returned from a trip to WSIKF (Long Beach, Washington State) and folks could land in your hand after only an hour or so on the Rev. 
The wind goes all the way down to your ankles instead of vanishing at 40 feet, or worse changing directions.  It's also nice and smooth so you don't have to fight which amount of venting is appropriate, (still my most used kite was the Zen). 
Glorious morning flights to the sunrise in heavy moisture air.  A couple of days the wind's off of the water, low, smooth and steady from behind, but the fog is coming in towards your face.  I don't even understand how that's possible, but it happened a couple of days out of eleven we were there.

It will be tough to enjoy myself again at home in the mid-atlantic states, where if you can feel any wind at all you're lucky, . . . . those conditions only last another 6 weeks!

I will be in Atlanta to visit my son October 3rd - 6th, so maybe we can meet-up & some airtime?  He's a master martial arts instructor (Tonchu\Dacula it's on Auburn Rd) and his students are testing on Stone Mountain.  We're probably free on Sunday the 5th for sure.
Captainbob

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:36 AM »

On Sundays, is there is any wind at all, Georgia Perimeter College in Decatur is where I fly. There are two of us now that are flying Revs and Dualies on the weekend there.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:09 AM »

On Sundays, is there is any wind at all, Georgia Perimeter College in Decatur is where I fly. There are two of us now that are flying Revs and Dualies on the weekend there.

Even though the forums might not be as active as people would like, I'm happy that it can act as a tool for kiters to reach each other and make flying together possible.
Captainbob

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:22 PM »

The fall winds are finally here in Atlanta, and yesterday and today were awesome.  Able to fly my B series mid vent yesterday and today, for hours.  It sure makes flying a pleasure when the wind picks up.  Hope this wind holds for awhile.  I'm spoiled now......

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
sadsack

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 03:55 PM »

South West Michigan no wind, must be nice to fly

Whats that in the sky?Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change