GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Freestyle Round 29  (Read 1962 times)
VirtualFreestyle
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 16, 2014, 08:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

Virtual Freestyle Round 29 is now open for entries!  Please see this page for news and details.

Prize donations most welcome. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:20 PM by VirtualFreestyle » Logged
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:57 AM »

Now with three great prizes!  See website for details.  Grin
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:46 AM »

Just under a week remaining until the VF29 submission deadline!  Let's recap the prize pool shall we?

- A Level One Gentleman (demo, very lightly used), generously donated by Level One Kites and Kite Clique.
- A Prism Zephyr, generously donated by Prism Kites.
- A VF29 T-shirt, generously donated by Rufus.
- A pair of Benson straps with miniature carry bag, generously donated by Benson Kites.
- A VF29 mug, generously donated by Skippy.

With that lot, how could you afford not to enter? Wink

I have had a few reports of problems with the submissions form recaptcha (the code to verify you're not a web robot). If you are unable to submit via the online form, please email your submission to virtualfreestyle@gmail.com
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:22 AM »

Update: web form (http://virtualfreestyle.com/current-round) repaired and should be accepting entries without issue now!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:46 AM »

why you gotta exclude robots like that man? they love flying kites too!

Kite Flying Robot

seriously though, thanks VF and the gracious sponsors, good luck everyone and i look forward to seeing all the wonderful entries. Smiley

Fdeli
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15 PM »

Note: the deadline for VF29 entries has been extended to 7 July. The idea is to give people one more weekend to record video and enter the competition.

This is the final extension.
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 01:18 AM »

With roughly one day to go, we're at only 10 entries. I've talked to one of the major prize donors and we agreed to hold the Level One prize over to the next round unless VF29 reaches 15+ entries.
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 12:54 PM »

Just a suggestion for next year in which I plan to enter since nothing else is happening with Trick Party in the US for awhile now ... you should have the competition till after Labor Day here in the U.S. or something like September 14 the second Sunday in September - to me the best winds to trick are in the Summer when they are the lowest ... why in the Middle of the Summer? do you conclude this event? ... this way people havethe best CONDITIONS to enter ... possibly make there way to the Beach (best winds - better video) and you may have more entries. Perhaps a download program for video editing can be made available - not sure if you have one now on your site?

APJ

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34 AM »

The full set of VF29 videos is now available for download at this location!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35 PM »

Just a suggestion for next year in which I plan to enter since nothing else is happening with Trick Party in the US for awhile now ... you should have the competition till after Labor Day here in the U.S. or something like September 14 the second Sunday in September - to me the best winds to trick are in the Summer when they are the lowest ... why in the Middle of the Summer? do you conclude this event? ... this way people havethe best CONDITIONS to enter ... possibly make there way to the Beach (best winds - better video) and you may have more entries. Perhaps a download program for video editing can be made available - not sure if you have one now on your site?

APJ
Its been on this schedule for a long time John.  YOu have a month or more to try and get something for a round entry and there should be at least one day in that time you can fly with conditions you like.  Just remember when we have the "right" conditions for us someone in another part of the world is flying in gale force winds or nothing at all to make an entry.
Personally, working two jobs has kept me from getting an entry or even flying for that matter, but I hope to be back in the next round.
asburyparkjohn

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 03:41 PM »

Whatever ... Just need my daughter to help next year ... For my video ...

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Frazer
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58 PM »

You don't have to wait for the announcement of a new VF round to start filming.

You could get into the habit of regularly filming footage for VF ... and then enter your best effort
when the next round started.

This way you'd be less likely to be affected by adverse weather etc.

-Frazer
VirtualFreestyle

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 07:48 PM »

APJ

Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a hectic week at work.

Regarding the timing, I'll keep your suggestion in mind. It's always a struggle and the round dates will never suit everyone since its an international competition. The dates also have to work around the availability of the organiser (i.e. me Smiley ) which can vary; for example, I was overseas for 3 weeks recently and had only limited internet access.

Re: video editing tools, good suggestion, I'll add some links to the site when I get time. Smiley

Frazer is quite correct too - it's perfectly fine to enter footage that was recorded before the round start date.

Cheers,
A.
asburyparkjohn

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40 AM »

In the beginning I did not believe so much in VF but it's really good because you can study different combos ... Strangely enough that recent video by turbo when the kite is on the ground belly up nose towards you I never really thought a quick pull and slack could twist and launch the kite without losing a step ... Just another neat ground launch ... Other than the fade launch I was always paranoid on these ground launches due to kite tears and LE damage if the tip was buried in the sand without realizing it ...

bryan beasley

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 08:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure that filming ahead of schedule was not allowed. The idea was to see what people can get together at the time of the round, otherwise you could just trawl the the archives, pick a snippet of something you like from whenever and throw that into the mix.

Not that I've been very active with it of late...

Bryan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum