GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: best all round free style fast kite  (Read 582 times)
kite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 16, 2014, 08:26 PM »

hi guys
well i have ordered and paid for the pro dancer for my crap ruly inland winds in no wind days so i m set there!
next question,what to buy next in a 3 mph plus wind kite that i a fast free style type kite ?
may be a widow maker may be ?
or whats another fast free tyle kite to get ?
make note im not really into tricks that much,just cruising around the wind window e.c.t,maye the old loop but thats about it!
i like the look of the curved leading edge kites i must say!
thanks
glen
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 09:28 PM by kite_pilot » Logged

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:44 PM »

If you want a fast dual line you might look at the Prism Micon. Or maybe a Night Hawk.
@

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:01 PM »

bottom line? trick kites are generally slower. As mentioned above the prism micron is really fast and can handle A LOT of wind but they are small.. inexpensive though. You might want to search speed kites Roll Eyes. There are a few connoisseurs here

have fun kurt
kite_pilot

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:19 PM »

hi guys
thanks for your info and input.
i after a kitea round the 90-96" size.
preferbly a free style design that is good for just cruising around!
money is no problem weather it be $300-400 type.
as i said im not really into tricks just some thing with a bit of speed and pull to it!
but im not after a speed kite as such,just a sport design kite!
thanks
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 09:28 PM »

if money is no problem then get a prism Quantum. Fairly fast ,pulls hard and you can send me the other 2 or 3 hundred bucks LOL
Actually I think you would enjoy it (the kite not sending me the$)

have fun kurt
kite_pilot

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 11:49 PM »

ok that sounds an idea mate! Smiley
how would the prism quantum pro compare to the skyburner widow maker ?
any other ideas ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:36 AM by kite_pilot » Logged

harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 01:35 AM »

Don't buy a prism apart from Maybe a zephyr. Their models are old.

The WM will serve you very well for cruising and also tricks but will feel uncomfortable in anything over 20 Mph winds. With the WM in light winds you can was so remove the top spreader and the tail weight which is Velcro which makes the kite fly lower.

I still prefer the NSE over the widow maker though the build quality with the widow maker is excellent.
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 04:21 AM »

Quantum Pro is by far one of the best kites you can buy for the money IMHO. It cuts corners like no other and tricks super well. Its large and holds alot of wind in the sail.
Captainbob

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 04:54 AM »

If you want a nice kite to cruise around in, and save a bit of money, look at the full size Premier Widow NG. It's good up to about 20 mph.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVBTaQBn4ok

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
kite_pilot

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 04:17 PM »

thanks for your ideas guys,much appreciated! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document