GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over my dead body....  (Read 5804 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 12:14 PM »

Well I'd agree & disagree with the new kite won't make you a better flier argument. Some kites have opened the door to some tricks I hadn't been successful with. That I could have done them on one of my other kites with enough practice is true though, I have other capable kites in the bag and in time I would've learned the trick, maybe better then I did with my new "wonder" kite.  

Currently I been wondering how much better the Talon or Nirvana SE is compared to the Sea Devil or Fearless kite line? The key words here is HOW MUCH ...  Cool

That's assuming everybody has been convinced by the patter that the Talon or NSE is better then the SD or Fearless. I bet you could find some arguments that what you have is better then what you want.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Beachbum
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 12:22 PM »

Can't axel ... you need a Silver Fox ... can't comete ... you need a Deep Space ... can't Taz ... you need a Cosmic TC ... can't open the backdoor ... you need a Fearless.

Duh !

-Frazer

Need to break some windows... you need an Acrobatx.  Need to break some lower spreaders... buy a Prism Ion

Back on subject I covet my Hyperkites Rainbow 6 stack wood dowels and all.

asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 12:56 PM »

Since I have only been taking sport kiting serious for only three years and have flown duals for fun for 13 years but have played GOLF seriously for 25 years I guess I will go back to that sport for one last analogy. In 2002 or so I tried the Ping G2 golf club. One of the best golf clubs made today. At that time with a 7 iron it would give me 150 yards carry on a normal day. In 2002 I was 48 years old. In 2005 Ping came out with new Ping G5's. I experimented with that club line and with a 7-iron at the driving range it was carrying 165 yards. Yep I am 51 years old at this point. Recently Ping came out with their G10 line. I have not tried the clubs yet but did upgrade to G5's this year. Price thing. This is my point- without doing really NOTHING I gained 15 yards with a 7-iron. This is what golfers call gaining a club and a half. This is my definition of improvements/experimenting with NEW EQUIPMENT. Will the Nirvanna SE give me two or three more tricks in my bag easier than with my SD's? What is the trade-off to RG's point? Can I afford it. Should I wait for the Nirvanna TEs in 2011 and then buy the SE in 2011?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In my bag of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL & Light , Transformer TL's: (SUL, Light, Vented Light), Transformer 2 SUL.
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 04:50 PM »

I sold most of my kites except these:
Talon set Tongue
Vendetta std and UL Tongue
Nirvana collector and a custom UL Kiss
And I am keeping them.
There are a few more lying around but these are the keepers...

The new Frank!
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 05:45 PM »

After the Talon set I don't have a need for anything else so........
The Talon set.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 06:16 PM »

TTUL
TT200

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 06:42 PM »

Sano SSL
Widowmaker

Steady winds, y'all.
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 11:49 PM »

White Frank Schweimann Pyro

Red fade HQ Zenith. now framed in G-Force ULs. That was one of the first kites that I bought from Dan, foolishly sold it and many years later got it back.

The same goes for my blue fade Midi, also regretfully sold and finally retrieved many years later. Now framed in 2pTs.

Dream Weaver custom grey fade Snowflake, with many thanks to my friends at GWTW.

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
anOldMan

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 05:05 AM »

None of the Vampire Group.

Too much work and fun getting all of them made.

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
antman

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 06:14 AM »

my rev stallion .. made by jose sainz ..ill never part with it

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 07:36 AM »

i have an update now lol.
i just purchased a prodancer SUL.
from messing with it before, i knew id love it, now that ones being made right now, im adding that to my list   Cheesy Im excited lol.

so my list is...

Mamba UL, Std.  (I could part with the vent)
Exile UL, Std.
Tramontana 2000
FireBird
Muse Lt, Std.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
ainokea

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 11:06 AM »

All of my keepers would be SLK's.

An original George Peters Cloud Bird.
A Trezok box
A signed custom 10 ft Genki made by a good friend of mine from Team High Performance.
And last but not least, my prototype Reprise.

When I go, these kites are coming with me.  Grin

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 11:30 AM »

When I go, these kites are coming with me.  Grin

Could you at least stake them out (was that why you were asking about the 61/49?!?!).  We'll work out a rotation for taking them down during inclement weather and at night.   Huh  Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document