GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your favorite all time trick ?  (Read 1226 times)
drmndrew82
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 11:14 AM »

Cascade... I love the look on peoples faces that have never seen a kite do this trick. The half axel was the most difficult trick for me to learn so once I perfected it, of course I enjoyed watching my kite do it over and over again...

Kite Bag: Skyburner: Widowmaker Std & UL/ I-Nak, HQ: Shadow, Flying Wings: Silver Fox 2.3 UL , Blue Moon: Mongoose, ITW: Kymera, Rev: (2) 1.5 SLE / 1.5 SLE Vented, Baressi Signature Vented, Kite Related Design: Fury UL, Fury STD, Fury Vented
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 01:52 PM »

My favorite trick without a doubt is a super flat and floaty Taz in about 3-4mph. Love it

I agree. Taz is sooooo elegant.

And I really recommend the Sixth Sense for that (although my experience with different kites is very limited).
But I can say that Taz are very accessible with the SS.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 02:35 PM »

My favorite trick without a doubt is a super flat and floaty Taz in about 3-4mph. Love it

I agree. Taz is sooooo elegant.

And I really recommend the Sixth Sense for that (although my experience with different kites is very limited).
But I can say that Taz are very accessible with the SS.

Taz is may favourite too and with the same kite too.  The SS is a superb Taz machine Smiley

Cheers
Mario

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 05:27 PM »

Half Axle, when done at high speed and perfectly flat.  Looks way kewl!  Just wish I could do them like that consistently. LOL
Hard to decide but I love doing these also And then just for kicks throw in a perfect, sustained stall at low altitude for a little rush and wow factor.. Other than that anything I can do decently. Hey  If it was easy it wouldn't be any fun

have fun kurt
SkyRags

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 01:41 AM »

Tricks that are easy to follow but shouldnt be allowed to happen on a kite that is SUPPOSED to be moving around and forward...

For me this qualifies as a low, hovering Fade or a side slide...two of my favourites that I love to do again and again

People just stop and watch when I do this and even come up and comment on how can the kite hang upside down like that

In my bag: Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL, KaoS Charisma
JJF6

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 02:41 AM »

Any trick which is in a fade position under a meter from the ground, flic flacs and back spins, left and right with rising and falling fades and sliding fades left to right of right to left. It's just fun to fly the fade with low wind. The JJF, Soul and Duende are great kites to play with this style of flying. Cheers.
John Welden

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47 AM »

side slide
kite_pilot

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 04:50 PM »

side slide
a side slide is where the kite steady moves across the window at the same height from one side of the window to the other isnt it ?

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
kite_pilot

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 04:58 PM »

i saw mr mark reed @ prism doing 360 degrees flying = WOW! Wink
oh i wish prism would come out with sort of a new up market usa made cool sport stunt kite again soon!
prism kites were the ones that got me into the sport about 8 year ago!
i might email him and see if he can come up with a alll new prism high end stunt kite for us to splurge on! Wink
= wishful thinking Grin

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
David Kirk

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 01:33 PM »

I agree with Allen. The the 540 is the prettiest, most graceful of all the tricks, especially when done down low. It can be turned into a beautiful landing simply by stepping forward. The Pizazz does them beautifully and easily. Even I can do it. Unfortunately, that's just about the only trick it can do. The modern kites like our Quantum Pro can do them, but they're not pretty nor graceful.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 01:58 PM »

540 or vertical slot!

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
skb
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 04:46 PM »

I don't remember what the name for it was but:
roll the kite up
fly to the top of the window
dive at the ground
into a Lawn Dart, but move forward to take the speed off
unroll the kite into a fade

Sent from my '09 laptop using Hunt 'n' Peck 2.1
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 05:13 PM »

roll the kite up
fly to the top of the window
dive at the ground
into a Lawn Dart, but move forward to take the speed off
unroll the kite into a fade
fruit roll-up

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change