GWTW Forum
September 23, 2014, 03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism 3D: Cometes, JLs, Tazes  (Read 2302 times)
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: June 28, 2009, 10:56 PM »

I hope the original flyer doesn't mind but anyway...for thos who fly around Berkeley Marina in the Bay Area in California, you might have noticed a good trick flyer. Recently he modded a 3D and made it able to comete, jacob's ladder and taz. Still in the prototyping phase but I thought I'd share (btw thats not me).

*Link removed*

-Darryl
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:58 PM by JimB » Logged

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 11:14 PM »

That looks like Robin. He could  trick a log.
He was a member back on the old Forum under a nom de guerre IMHO.

*Link removed*
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:57 PM by JimB » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
farfennoogen
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:24 PM »

i wih i could see it .. Sad
dyfrgi

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:39 PM »

Where's the videos go?
Watty

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 12:30 AM »

Looks like they have been removed from YouTube by whoever uploaded them.

Brian O

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:41 AM »

how did he modify the kite?
BERKELEYKITES
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:48 PM »

Darryl it's all good i got your email along with a number of other surprises Huh you're always welcome on our kite field. stay true. have fun. fly hard. and kill those links please.

johnC,
Hey look that's a picture of me on the internet. thanks buddy. Was this the same way that retired french kite company used that picture you took of me a few years back? And they had the nerve to use it in their sales catalogue for 2 years without asking or telling me and then told me 2fcoff. thanks buddy. you know it took a kite festival vacation on a dirty beach in Italy along with a impressive long distance ankle shot with a skateboard for a proper apology. thanks. what did i do? steal your car stereo in the early 80's?

please johnC.. if we cross paths again (which i hope we do, i like talking kite with you) i would prefer NOT to be in your pictures. like i had told you before i really could care less about this old boy stuff. I have lots of friends already. thanks pal.

@D-wangg
So sorry to piss on your pride rainbow but, WHAT?? Are you the idiot that has been emailing me? if it is then why not come down here and say that? keep emailing me and I'll make your little redneck internet life become your own reality.

and btw fyi. the Nirvana is a GREAT kite. period.
you simply lacked the skills to complement it. get over it. you're just like my next door neighbor with his pretty $6,000 fixie who got doored because he couldnt even ride it. and then he blamed the bike.
0wned.

To the rest of the kite forum.
my sincerest apologies. i hate reverting to how i used to be. A friend was privy to a development video and he decided to share it here. bad move. I am not angry at him for being overzealous i am just miffed at the response and the emails i have received. I had noticed the prism 3-d selling for really cheap here and wondered why. I had modified the 3-d to do a bunch of stuff it never couldve easily done before and I thought that my modifications would help the sponsors of this kite forum to sell a few Prism 3-d kites for a Normal price and not cut rate, along with a few mod kits, pftt.. It couldve been a somewhat profitable venture. Everyone i have talked to had mentioned how this kite pretty much sucked and i agreed with them until the mods were done. I had prepared a parts list to send gwtw in hope that they could retail a mod kit. It's pretty simple, they carry everything required and it wouldve been cheap to create.  After the emails I realized I don't owe anyone, anything, anymore. From D-wangs post I can guess where the mails came from. So sadly i wont be sharing this modification here, SORRY GUYS. I have no faith in this place anymore. from a distance it seemed all bubbly and a time to share but then it turned out to be just the same old green diarrhea floating around.
Thank you Now i know, and i am happy to have not wasted any of my time and money pursuing this project.
i will post the mods for the 3-d some other time. somewhere else.

thanks to those who sent positivity. I appreciate it and i miss talking to you too. y'all can come fly and stay with me anytime After the forth. were having a huge party with a fireworks show and of course BKF is coming soon... show me what you got.
like i said in my replies...my peace is eternal.

I will not reply back to this posting so please don't waste your time trying to cuss me out on the internet. Please, please i beg you. do it in person with your most precious kites sitting next to you, so i can stomp on them afterwards.

PFFFTtt..

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 09:01 PM »

Well, I'm  glad I saw the vid before it was removed.  I would not have believed it otherwise!  Pretty amazing stuff, particularly if you ever flew a 3D.

6 kite tom
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:53 PM »

Well dude, it wasn't me that sent you any more than one email. Over a year ago I sent one and asked if could fly with you again. Sorry if that tweeked you.
I thought you were cool. Guess I was wrong.

Denny
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:55 PM by DWayne » Logged

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 12:18 AM »

i do not know you sir, but i'm counting my blessings for the fact. good day.

Fdeli
Moe

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:15 AM »

Is anyone else as confused and bewildered as I am?  I'm not seeing any negativity, so what the heck provoked THAT kind of response?  Did I miss some assinine comments posted on YouTube or something?!?

The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river
Brian O

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 05:53 AM »

WTF??  Huh

If anyone ever encounters the upgrade kit on another site or somewhere else on the web, I would appreciate it if they post on this forum where it can be acquired.  I have 2 3Ds and I wouldn't mind playing around with one of them if the changes allow it to do what apparently was displayed in the vid.
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 10:37 AM »

If ever I saw a thread that had run its course, this is it.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document