GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fearless Devil vented and Tekken STD  (Read 424 times)
DMF
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: June 03, 2014, 07:30 AM »

Would there be much advantage in adding a Fearless Devil vented to my quiver if I own a Tekken DOA std?  I'm trying to focus my flying down to just a few kites to help with the learning curve. 

Wind range?

Any giveaway tricks on either?

Any other kite suggests would be appreciated.  I would be looking for something that flies on the lower wind range compaired to the Tekken.
Thanks

Dana
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:31 PM »

There is always an advantage to adding a Fearless to your bag. A much different bird than the Tekken.
I have 6 of them, and the only problem is trying to decide which one to get next. I think a Fearless light would serve you well.
@

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:33 PM »

ask Lam or Tom (tpatters) You will probably end up with more, not less kites though You CANNOT go wrong with the fearless light as mentioned above I flew mine for 2 hrs at the beach today and am still smiling
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:35 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:42 PM »

You can't go wrong with any of either (sul, std, vent) - they have some differences but are both are perfect in their own way!

Tekken has better precision, more pull, and the vent is the best vent I've ever flown.  I also like its comete a bit better - it's just so easy and reliable even in low winds.

Fearless I think still helps you out a bit more with a bit more time and a laid-back easy flowing style.  Its just buttery smooth in how it moves.  Fearless still does the best-looking and feeling JL that I've ever ever flown.

I pick up either and fly all-day with a big smile, you can't go wrong. 

If you like the Tekken, I'd suggest what I think of as its little brother - the Transformer.  If you are looking for a light wind trickster, the Trans SUL is my all-around favorite.

In fact, the Tekken Std (mine is what Lam calls a 3/5) and the Trans SUL make up about 85% of my flying time.

Good luck on your choice.

6 kite tom
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 05:43 PM »

The Tekken and Fearless are different kites.  If you like the Tekken the vented would be a better match than kites with different flying styles. 

Personally I prefer the Tekken and own the SUL and 3.5 versions.  Adding a vented would make my life complete. Cool
DMF
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:49 AM »

Well I ended up buying this one http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=11183.0.  So I'll let you know how I make out.  Takes a long time for USPS to reach Canada so it might be a while.   Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum