GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus, Ohio?  (Read 706 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: May 29, 2014, 02:32 PM »

I'm starting a new job with headquarters in Columbus Ohio. I'll be there from time to time starting next week and thinking about evening, and the occasional, weekend flying.

I'll be around the weekend of June 7th & 8th for starters.

Who's got kites they want to share so I don't have to pack many?   Smiley

Where do Columbus kiters fly?

Allen, AKA kitehead
skyguy48
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 03:25 AM »

I'm starting a new job with headquarters in Columbus Ohio. I'll be there from time to time starting next week and thinking about evening, and the occasional, weekend flying.

I'll be around the weekend of June 7th & 8th for starters.

Who's got kites they want to share so I don't have to pack many?   Smiley

Where do Columbus kiters fly?

I live in Columbus. What do you like to fly?
You may like to consider joining us and the Pigs (People Interested In Getting Stuff) Aloft kite club the weekend of June 7-8.
The club is actually located out of Cincinnati, but we fly with them often. A great group.
On the 7th, we will fly in Boone County, Kentucky for the Parks & Recreation Department, A little under 2 1/2 hours south of here.
On the 8th, we will be at the historic Voice Of America park in Cincinnati for the monthly club fun fly held the 2nd Sunday every month.

There are several kite people here in Columbus that get together fairly often. One meeting spot is Berliner Sports Complex. Not a bad spot if there aren't too many Little League games going on.

As for me, I fly mostly single line and Revs. There is a pretty nice field within walking distance from the house where my better half and I fly at least once a week. Almost always available and the city keeps it mowed.

Ohio winds aren't the best, but we make do. Lots of re-launching. Cheesy

If you're interested in joining us on the 7th and/or the 8th, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the details.

Just Fly It!
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:15 AM »

ALLEN THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!
I'm in cinci, which is only about 2 hours away. Please let me know when you're free! I'd love to get together and fly sometime.
I've never been able to get out to VOA park on the right day for PIGS aloft, but I've been trying. Maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere sometime? My quintet recital is sept 23, but after that I should be free for some fall flying.

Congrats on the new job!!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39 AM »

Thanks guys!

I'm not moving to Ohio (leave Half Moon Bay? Are you NUTS?) but I will be visiting Columbus a couple times a month. I'll be there a lot over the summer as we get the new business off the ground. Hopefully not many weekends, but I will be around the 7th & 8th. If the workload allows for a trip to Cincinnati, I'll do it. We're sort of in boot camp mode, so I may be unrealistic about that much time away. Otherwise, I'll probably be looking for evening flying while the days are long.

Allen, AKA kitehead
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 11:19 AM »

Berliner Sports Complex is a good place to fly if you are downtown. 

Just watch out for the snow flurries . . . at least it was snowing the one time I flew there with the Columbus Rev folks.  As I recall, I did not have very good gloves that day . . . .
Ordicahn
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 03:49 PM »

I live right outside of Cincinnati, in Milford. Been looking for good wind but lately it's been still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change