GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prism and a new kite  (Read 3684 times)
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2014, 08:22 AM »

I for one would like to know why John resigned. I was told in the past that politics have hurt the organization.

More on topic, how many flip kites and stowaway diamonds does prism sell in relation to how many quantum sul?
What does the quantum not do that a new kite could?

Sine Metu!
coop
Trade Count: (+25)

Re:
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2014, 09:34 AM »

Well just counting REI who sells atoms online and in stores is probably a huge number. Big retailers don't order by 10 or 20, they order by the thousands.
coop
Trade Count: (+25)

Re:
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2014, 09:36 AM »

Prism was probably smart to get out. Almost all of the custom high end kite makers did, no more blue moon or Aerostar, jest of eve is gone. The market just isnt there like it used to be.
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2014, 10:06 AM »

As far as knowing if I had lost an email or not, the next email that would be sent by my client would probably ask why I didn't respond to the first email they sent. Not rocket science...... Roll Eyes

Yep... my point exactly  Wink

Your statement implied that I would have no way of knowing that I missed an email. I replied, that if an email was missed by me, anyone wanting to communicate with me, would have sent a follow up  email asking why I did not respond to the original . I'm not sure why that is hard to understand.   
Bob, my wife has had the problem that the email system just didn't like certain addresses. None of her emails were going through to some people and vice versa. That's why she had to change services. In those cases a follow up didn't matter.  (Shrug)
Tmadz

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13 AM »

But, let me digress to my original post about the lack of interest in kiting. How can we promote kiting in a more effective way to increase the interest and participation? Can we stop the decrease of kite festivals and hold more lessons and demonstrations? Or is this something that's beyond our control?

This is more inline with the AKA....i konw that the previous president was planning on making changes to do just that...but...well...i heardhe stepped down.....

I don't think he's said explicitly, but I gather there may have been some blowback at home along with all of the other issues. He's taking a sabbatical with his wife right now.
Captainbob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 11:08 AM »

As far as knowing if I had lost an email or not, the next email that would be sent by my client would probably ask why I didn't respond to the first email they sent. Not rocket science...... Roll Eyes

Yep... my point exactly  Wink

Your statement implied that I would have no way of knowing that I missed an email. I replied, that if an email was missed by me, anyone wanting to communicate with me, would have sent a follow up  email asking why I did not respond to the original . I'm not sure why that is hard to understand.   
Bob, my wife has had the problem that the email system just didn't like certain addresses. None of her emails were going through to some people and vice versa. That's why she had to change services. In those cases a follow up didn't matter.  (Shrug)

Well that I guess all the worldwide major companies and their  governments that currently use email to communicate with each other should stop using it , because Prism is having problems with theirs and deems it unreliable.  Roll Eyes

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 11:11 AM »

This is more inline with the AKA....i konw that the previous president was planning on making changes to do just that...but...well...i heardhe stepped down.....

I don't think he's said explicitly, but I gather there may have been some blowback at home along with all of the other issues. He's taking a sabbatical with his wife right now.

Nah, John was pretty public about struggles to get things done in the AKA. Plenty written on Facebook, at least. Short version would probably be: it just wasn't a good fit. John Lutter is a good guy, and seems to be fitting in to the position well, though I haven't been paying much attention, and I'm not involved in any way.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Tmadz

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2014, 01:19 PM »

Thanks Allen.
Tmadz

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2014, 01:27 PM »

Well that I guess all the worldwide major companies and their  governments that currently use email to communicate with each other should stop using it , because Prism is having problems with theirs and deems it unreliable.  Roll Eyes

It's ok Bob. Large companies and governments can afford to host on their own servers and have in house tech people to take care of that stuff. I think what KaoS said and what my wife has experienced is that costs money. When you can't afford your own IT dept you rely on services and sometimes those services are not all their cracked up to be. Just like people have been cautioned that free email accounts like gmail and yahoo are not as secure as addresses from internet providers or corporate hosted email addresses.

I don't know what goes into email servers and software nor do I know what Prism has or what their situation is. That's up to them. The only thing you can do is vote with or without your dollars.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:30 PM by Tmadz » Logged
Captainbob

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2014, 03:17 PM »

It's ok Bob. Large companies and governments can afford to host on their own servers and have in house tech people to take care of that stuff. I think what KaoS said and what my wife has experienced is that costs money. When you can't afford your own IT dept you rely on services and sometimes those services are not all their cracked up to be. Just like people have been cautioned that free email accounts like gmail and yahoo are not as secure as addresses from internet providers or corporate hosted email addresses.

I don't know what goes into email servers and software nor do I know what Prism has or what their situation is. That's up to them. The only thing you can do is vote with or without your dollars.

I have my own small business with a website and customer forms to contact me. I set it up myself, and use Gmail to store and forward my mail from the site. Never had a problem with a customer contacting me or vice versa, and in addition, Gmail stores all my emails from the day one on their servers, for free, so I can instantly search these backups if I want to look up a previous conversation.

This is not the issue under discussion here however, the issue is that apparently Prism makes no effort to contact customers that fill out their contact form on their website.  This has already been mentioned on this thread, and in other forums I have read by people that have experienced the very  same thing. I personally experienced this when I first started kiting a few months ago. If anyone doubts this, go to their website, fill out the contact form and see what happens. I would advise not holding your breath while you wait for a reply. This has nothing to do with servers, IT people, or anything else, in my opinion.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
kite_pilot

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2014, 04:37 PM »

Ahhhh.....  This thread reminds me of the, flaming doom and gloom, good old days. It does my nostalgic heart good. A new generation of indignant "it's all about me" youth railing against the Machine. Where are The Fan Boys on this one? I usually lend them my moral support.

Remember when " give Sandy a call, she'll take care of you" was all it took? If you can't afford a phone call, write them a letter! You might have to look that one up on Wikipedia. #snail mail.

If you want a new, high end, cutting edge kite maybe it is time to give in and drink the Kool Aid.
@

P.S. @ Kite_Pilot; maybe you should just take the hint.

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.
yeah,and what hint is that???,
that prism doesnt want to bring another top notch kite out and prism does not like being asked such a question and prism does not like to respond to emails!!!
sums it up pretty good doesnt it!!!
so i dont need to be told to take a hint hey!!!

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
kite_pilot

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2014, 04:42 PM »

I have my own small business with a website and customer forms to contact me. I set it up myself, and use Gmail to store and forward my mail from the site. Never had a problem with a customer contacting me or vice versa, and in addition, Gmail stores all my emails from the day one on their servers, for free, so I can instantly search these backups if I want to look up a previous conversation.

This is not the issue under discussion here however, the issue is that apparently Prism makes no effort to contact customers that fill out their contact form on their website.  This has already been mentioned on this thread, and in other forums I have read by people that have experienced the very  same thing. I personally experienced this when I first started kiting a few months ago. If anyone doubts this, go to their website, fill out the contact form and see what happens. I would advise not holding your breath while you wait for a reply. This has nothing to do with servers, IT people, or anything else, in my opinion.
prism got my online enquiry responce email as they confirmed it to my email address with a automated responce we will reply with in 24 hours!

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
kite_pilot

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2014, 05:04 PM »

take a hint hey?Huh,im not the one that keeps dragging this thread on and on!!!!!!!
may be the mods can please lock this thread or even delete it! Roll Eyes

wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2014, 05:35 PM »

take a hint hey?Huh,im not the one that keeps dragging this thread on and on!!!!!!!

It's all good!!  Anytime you start a controversial topic you have to expect some bickering.

I suggest that we all support the kite stores and manufacturers that support us so that we can retain quality kites any satisfy our addictions.

kite_pilot

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2014, 05:53 PM »

It's all good!!  Anytime you start a controversial topic you have to expect some bickering.

I suggest that we all support the kite stores and manufacturers that support us so that we can retain quality kites any satisfy our addictions.

good idea mate! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum