GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a fast precision kite needed  (Read 417 times)
kite_pilot
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 09, 2014, 09:16 PM »

atm i have 2 kites in my collection,a prism 4d(crap)and a sky burner pro dancer.

i want to build up my collection to fly from in the next 1 month or so.

still tossing up between the prism qp or the skyburner widow maker.

after i get one of the two mentioned above i want to get a fairly quick precision sports kite!

not so much for tricks,must be able to fly from 2/3 mph range and up wards prob in a  ultralite to standard frame if i can get away with it.

some thing that has a narrow pointy nose,not wide/blunt.

i want to be able to do circuits of the window in a quick manner(but not a speed kite) which i have owned before which was very flat sail and i could not keep the thing flying in the air no matter what i tried or did!
something i can fly in 100-120 ft of lines!

so fellow kiters,what should i choose for speed/precision flying please ?
lets discuss brands/models to suit what im after!
please keep in mind,im inland away from water in hilly area's i fly near trees e.c.t!
my place Endeavour Hills varies in altitude/elevation from about 28 m (highlight point) to 134 m (highlight point) above sea level.

a wing span of 7 feet would be ideal!

thanks in advance
cheers
glen (pain in the a$$ nuisance poster),lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:52 PM by kite_pilot » Logged

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:28 PM »

Usually kites that are precise are not very fast in my experience. You may want to take a look at some of the smaller kites out there right at your 7' limit (larger kites tend to be slower). I believe the Magnet by David Ruger and the Ocius by Skyburner will fit the bill. Both track very well and I find that they both fly well at the bottom ends of their wind range. I have seen both in the swap meet here on this forum recently, they might still be available.
mikeb
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:08 AM »

I don't fly dual line kites anymore, but I remember having one that was maybe close to what you are looking for. Not sure if the kite is made anymore but was made by a company called Cavalier du Ciel.

Looking at some of my old pictures the kite had writing on it STX 2.1 hellfire by Cavaliers du Ciel.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:27 AM by mikeb » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26 AM »

The ocius is your kite, hands down.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
kite_pilot

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:23 PM »

hi guys,
thanks for your suggestions! Smiley,will def look into them all!
what about the benson "deep space" looks like a beautful kite to fly ? and well made too!
cheers
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 09:52 PM »

The ocius UL could be a good fit.

It is a true UL like the WM. Flys lower than the deep space UL.  Plus it handles higher winds very well.

It's a smaller kite and is quicker than the full size kites you are looking at.
This is a full trick kite not a precession kite.

The PDSUL is a precision kite with limited trick ability
Qpro or WM has trickability with nice control & precession.
Ocius it a pure trick kite.

Having kites of different styles in you bag will identify what type of flying style you like Grin
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 05:20 AM »

The ocius' tracking hands down outshines the DS. Hands down. You're going to have to work a bit harder to get the kite to crack some corners and hold a true stall. If you're looking for a precision kite, a fast one, you wont find many. The DS at least to me would not be on that list for corners.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
jaydub

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 06:55 AM »

Agree with Devin.  The DS is a great kite, but for freestyle flying not for precision.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change