GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish I knew what to say other than THANK YOU  (Read 869 times)
sethvincent
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 25, 2014, 09:20 PM »

Not only do I have the greatest family anyone could ever hope for, I am a part of an amazing community of kite fliers.
 I wish I had the words to express my gratitude. I hardly know where to start.
I haven't been on here in forever, and I remember how great you guys were back when I used to post.
But when we got that kite in the mail today, and Odessa told me about HOW we got it. I just had to get on here and say thank you, Ed.  Thank you so much. I wish I knew more to say than thank you and to tell you how much I appreciate the kite.
  The quantum is PERFECT.  A REAL stunt kite, not the generic one's that Odessa and I have all but given up trying to learn on.  It's big, beautiful, and its BLUE....Odessa's favorite color. It's going to be so great flying that kite and even better getting Odessa to fly it.  I will get some pics of her flying it as soon as we can.
  Then, after I got on here, I found out what they were up to.  I can't believe they are getting me a quad foil!!!  I feel so bad for being so picky about what I like. It seems like she went through Hell trying to find something to make me happy. She could have made me a kite out of a mcdonald's napkin and I would love and cherish it. But a 2.5 meter ORANGE quad foil!!! Oh my god, that's going to be great. Odessa swears that she will never fly it, but I'm not going to give up on getting her to take the reins.  I keep trying to reassure her that as long as we are VERY particular about wind conditions that she will be fine. She's flown her snapshot in some heavy wind (heavy for her that is), and I figure as long as we don't put her on the 2.5 unless the wind is REALLY low, that it shouldn't pull too much for her.  She's 5'1, 115pounds, athletic build.  She can handle more than she realizes.
  This also brings me to another thing for which I'm thankful.  All of you.  I see how much you all helped her, and how great you guys were, how patient. I want to thank ALL of you for how great you treated her, I really appreciate it. And I REALLY love this forum.
 Thank you again everyone SO much.
kite_pilot

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49 PM »

glad your happy with your purchases mate!
there are a lot of nice helpful friendly people on this forum which is great to see! Wink
cheers
glen

smooth,peaceful winds! Smiley,in the bag so far a black/orange skyburner pro dancer,prism 4d, Smiley
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:22 AM »

That's what "community" should be all about. I've seen a lot of very generous people on this forum.

Bob D.
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 05:53 AM »

That's awesome. You have pretty special little lady there. Hope she realizes that there's all kinds of strength. She had the strength to come on here and just ask questions. A lot of people get intimidated. She had the strength to look for something special for you. She just needs to realize that with some training she probably has the strength to fly that parafoil (in the right conditions). Good winds to you.
etully
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25 AM »

+1 on that last comment!
underthewind

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 12:27 PM »

yes, THANK YOU Mr. Tully, and THANK YOU everyone else  Grin
sethvincent

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:19 PM »

It was a great day for kites but a bad day for flying, lol.
 The mail man dropped off the alpha today.  That thing is BEAUTIFUL.  The wind seemed pretty good, So of course I had to try it out. I'm going to need some place bigger to fly it .  I have a very small yard surrounded by farm fields, and in the spring and fall its great, but right now there are crops, so I'm limited in space.
  I definitely am going to need a lot of work with this one. I can fly it high but that's all. I give it a little bit of brake and nothing happens, a little more, I see the trailing edge of the kite being tugged by the brake lines, but nothing else happens, just a LITTLE more brake line and the kite turns to the left and collapses.
  I'm pretty sure I'm pulling them evenly. I had someone watch and they said it looked like it too. I don't seem to be pulling the left power line when I brake, I'm not sure, but like I said, I have a LOT of work ahead of me.
 One of the things I MOST want to do is hover.  Right now I've basically got the functionality of a two line that I can fold up while its in the sky, LOL.
  I'll figure it out eventually.
   Went to the park to try out the quantum today, got it in the air for about a minute altogether. several 15 second flights. The wind was beautiful everywhere except where I could fly. There was a window that I doubt was even as wide as the kite, and it was very intermittent.   Figures since all of the places with obstructions had nice steady wind.
 The joys of kiting right :]
Bob D

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 05:04 AM »

Search around for a nice, wide open area. There's a lot of farm land by me too and they're haying right now so it's nice for flying. I asked for permission to fly at one guy's farm and it's a nice place to fly. Big athletic fields are good too if there aren't too many trees. The trees really hurt being able to fly below the tree line. Before we moved out of the area, I would drive an hour and a half to Liberty State Park in Jersey City, NJ because it's right on the water. You couldn't beat the flying when the wind came off the ocean from the south east at 8-10 mph. There's nothing like good smooth wind. Good wind is there someplace and worth looking for.

Bob D.
sethvincent

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 03:11 PM »

Ahh the east coast, I miss the ocean, and especially the food, LOL.  I grew up about 45 miles from jersey city
SkyDancer

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 03:27 PM »

Ahh the east coast, I miss the ocean, and especially the food, LOL.  I grew up about 45 miles from jersey city

In what part of the world do you live now? Perhaps someone here will know of good flying fields near you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
sethvincent

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11 PM »

we are in the NW corner of ohio. I've heard some great things about maumee bay, but it's pretty far from us.

The place we rent is right in the middle of farm land. So once the crops are in, all we have to do is walk right outside :]
 The hard part is waiting for the crops to be in Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document