GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 01:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New kite with stains on the sail?  (Read 2775 times)
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 04:10 PM »

Ship with the bridle removed?
basicbill
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22 PM »

See if they would ship it overnight (Yeah I know, doubtful.) to minimize the heat and humidity exposure.

Bill

Captainbob

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 05:38 PM »

Strange story. I have purchased 6 kites on line in the last 5 months in very Hot and humid Atlanta, and have not see one stain of any kind on any of them. Sounds to me like the shipper in your area has a problem. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
Todd Parker

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41 PM »

Yeah, I was wondering about asking if the bridle could be wrapped in plastic before the kite gets rolled up.  As far as removing the bridle, I doubt my ability to reinstall the bridle correctly.  Those knots look a little complicated.  Smiley

There were two different shipping methods : UPS ground and USPS Priority Mail 2-day. The Priority Mail shipment had to be on an airplane given the distance and timing.

6 kites in 5 months?  Wow.  The last kite that I bought before this was in the early 1980's.
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 10:52 PM »

get rid of it,or live with even worse stains  What do you think is going to happen when you put the kite up after flying in your damp weather?? The manufacturer doesn't think its the bridle he knows its the bridle.. Another model? by the same Manufacturer?Same bridle line?? Anyway sorry this is happening and I hope it doesn't happen to someone else because he or she wasn't warned
good luck Kurt
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:54 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
Captainbob

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 05:05 AM »

I think bringing this issue up and not telling members the brand of the kite, is not helpful to the other members of the forum that want to avoid wasting time and money when they ruin into the same problem.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
missionview

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 08:08 AM »

I think bringing this issue up and not telling members the brand of the kite, is not helpful to the other members of the forum that want to avoid wasting time and money when they ruin into the same problem.

I agree

Robert
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 02:24 PM »

there has been no evidence provided to the community, only one sided testimony. so to attach a reputation to what so far is hearsay would be a disservice to the manufacturer, retailer, and the community.

Fdeli
Captainbob

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 03:07 PM »

there has been no evidence provided to the community, only one sided testimony. so to attach a reputation to what so far is hearsay would be a disservice to the manufacturer, retailer, and the community.

Every forum I have been on, and I have been on plenty in the last 20+ years, has had posts from people having some issue that they are trying to resolve, with a product(s). There is no way that I can think of to "prove" any problem with any particular brand or product  to the readers of the forum. What is useful to forum members, is posts that explain a problem with a certain product, asking if anyone else has had a similar problem with that particular product  Not identifying the particular product that the OP is having a problem with  is of no use to anyone,  in my opinion. If the OP posted that he is having a problem with brand X, and two other people say they have  had the same problem, then everyone would learn that that the OP's problem is not an isolated instance. 

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
fidelio

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 06:42 PM »

the issue is not with software, electronics, a complicated mechanical system, or material defect. at issue is a blemish which (should be) easily rendered in a photograph.

your 20+ years experience should have also familiarized you with the common internet adage; pics or it didn't happen.

Fdeli
Captainbob

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 07:26 PM »

the issue is not with software, electronics, a complicated mechanical system, or material defect. at issue is a blemish which (should be) easily rendered in a photograph.

your 20+ years experience should have also familiarized you with the common internet adage; pics or it didn't happen.

So you are implying that the OP is a liar i.e. "it didn't happen"?  Interesting.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 07:49 PM »

:

have fun kurt
fidelio

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 11:12 PM »

we don't have enough information to know what the truth is. that's my one and only point.

Fdeli
Todd Parker

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 08:05 PM »

Oh, picture.  I meant to do that before, but forgot.  Sorry.

I attached a picture.  This image is a close up crop on just one spot with a stain.

The original post wasn't meant to warn others about a problem with a specific kite or vendor, it was a general question about whether this is a normal occurrence or not.

Apart from it seeming to be in poor form to mention issues with a specific manufacturer or vendor in a public forum, the other major reason that I have declined to identify either is to shield myself from a potential libel lawsuit.  I know that what I have stated in this forum is factual, and therefore isn't libel, but I would very much like to not to have to prove that in court.
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 03:52 AM »

that could be a dye transfer from the dacron bridle core, (is it black or a darkish gray?)  I have a few revs with white Icarex and they do get stained occasionally without being used or ever becoming wet.

White material is lighter in weight (no dyes) and transmits light more freely than other colored fabrics of equal weights (translucent) so I prefer it, particularly when back-lighting at night with floral LEDS affixed to the magic sticks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change