GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widow w/tails and Il Divo  (Read 349 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 30, 2014, 01:43 PM »

I have been working on a couple new things, almost there if the wind stays nice. Found out if I slow down everything will happen with the JL....  Just have to wait the extra second or two...  Last night when the wind dipped I practiced and then pulled a tail to Il Divo.

Storms coming wind is gusting today...

America
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:14 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Trip

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:12 PM »

Nice video Vertigo! I like the tail action... hell, that didn't come out right. I like the long piece of fabric you have on your kite.  Grin  Nice music also. 

When I was flying in Oklahoma this past weekend I had enough wind to strap on a 100' tail. I was doing figure 8's and hitting the end of the tail on the backside. I was wishing for something a little longer. How long is the skywriter your using in the video? Looks to be longer than 100'. Also, where'd you get it?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:16 PM by Trip » Logged

Robert "Trip" Hilliard
http://hilliard.ws/kites.htm
http://hilliard.ws/kitegallery.htm

"May the wind be at our backs. Stations." -- Kirk, TSFS
basicbill
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:27 PM »

I have been working on a couple new things, almost there if the wind stays nice. Found out if I slow down everything will happen with the JL....  Just have to wait the extra second or two...  Last night when the wind dipped I practiced and then pulled a tail to Il Divo.

Storms coming wind is gusting today...

Very cool. That's the kind of flying I'd like to get to.

Bill

vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:17 PM »

Tails are hundred feet long... Got them from Gromberg... You can special order them... Have more or less colors or length of each color.  I have a Black and white I will fly soon with my blk,yellow,gray widow maker... Also very pretty.

Capt. America is beautiful with patriotic music also....

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Trip

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59 PM »

Mine are 100' also. The difference is mine are not skywriter ribbon but 4 inch wide plastic tube. Characteristics are different. Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at Gromberg.

Robert "Trip" Hilliard

Jorge Gouverneur
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18 PM »

Nice video.
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 09:03 AM »

The part of pulling tails I like is simple....  Wink ;)You just have Fun flying circles, squares, back and forth.  With music you can feel the melodic changes of sound and create it with your flying.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Trick flying takes a lot of skill and time to learn.

Pulling tails is simple and easy...  Grin Grin Actually I would venture to say, given the concept, some good pilots out there could create some beautiful stuff. it would be Great to see other videos of people pulling tails... Tail pulling is not Taboo  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just flying a stunt kite is fun but, Tails add Pazza and offers everyone flying a chance to just enjoy watching their kite doing fun things... just my opinion ... Kiss Kiss

Trip

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:18 AM »

Measured my red plastic tails and they are 50', not 100' like I previously stated. So, I called Gomberg this morning and ordered a 100' skywriter in Miami colors (blue, purple and black). I may get a transition tail later on.

And, I agree Vertigo... I like doing everything with a sport kite... precision, ballet, freestyle, tricks and flying with tails. It breaks up the monotony of doing just one thing. Just my 2 centavos worth.   Wink

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:21 PM by Trip » Logged

Robert "Trip" Hilliard

wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:46 PM »

After watching your video I have made some tails.  Might even try some on a Rev to see what happens.  Your vid is great and I like the tail with the music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change