Looking for suggestions for good beginner stunt kite
<< < (2/5) > >>
cerfvoliste:
What john said. In your price range you might find a used Blue Moon Exile, Skysport Sea Devil or ATM, (oops) Skyburner Widowmaker, Prism Quantum Pro or Benson Gemini. If your looking for a new kite in your price range, I would suggest something with positive feedback like the Prism Zephyr or Flying Wings Soul. If you want to push your budget a little bit take a closer look a new (oops) Skyburner Widowmaker or Skysport Designs ATM.

There are so many nice kites out there, I am sure you will hear some other good suggestions as well.
@

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.
Captainbob:
Quote from: cerfvoliste on July 11, 2014, 02:44 PM

What john said. In your price range you might find a used Blue Moon Exile, Skysport Sea Devil or ATM, Premier Widowmaker, Prism Quantum Pro or Benson Gemini. If your looking for a new kite in your price range, I would suggest something with positive feedback like the Prism Zephyr or Flying Wings Soul. If you want to push your budget a little bit take a closer look a new Premier Widowmaker or Skysport Designs ATM.

There are so many nice kites out there, I am sure you will hear some other good suggestions as well.
@

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.

The Premier Kite is the Widow NG.  The Widowmaker is by Skyburner, and costs about twice as much. 

RobB:
I agree with Jon, there is no reason to settle for an 'intermediate' kite. High end kites cost a little more, but after flying them for a few years, who remembers how much they cost ? The difference in quality materials and excellent assembly is well worth a few more bucks. That is, if you appreciate that kind of thing.
A high end kite also retains much of it's original value if you were to sell it. Intermediate kites aren't even worth selling used, the money that they'll bring would just be disappointing...
wagsboyz:
Something important is figuring the wind conditions where you are primarily going to fly. Do you want a Std. wind range kite or do you need an (SUL) Super Ultra Light or (UL) Ultra Light or high wind kite.  Ask questions about real wind ranges of kites you are  interested in someone on here will help.

I have found that reading through the forum and asking questions has helped me alot. 

For me finding the correct kite for the wind conditions most common where I fly was the biggest help in learning. 

I am very happy with a recent purchase for 2-6 mph beach wind Sky Burner Freestylist.  Most kites will be available in several wind ranges.  Watch the Forum Swap Meet, Very Honest People Here!! 

For me I also found that I needed a mild mannered slower tricking kite instead of the high dollar faster than my reflexes stunt machine.  I can't help but state how happy I am with the Sky Burner Freestylist, I have the UL (bought here on the forum) and the progress I have made with it so far is incredible.  In my opinion it is awesome...Won't break the bank either..

No!!  I don't have one for sale and don't think I ever will...

I would say that I am now advancing into the intermediate flyer realm which is what you also sound to be.
Charles P:
+1 on Chilese's comment.

When I started getting into stunt flying I spent a few years buying intermediate kites and in hind sight I wish I hadn't.
  It sounds like you have a handle on controlling the kite so crashing should not be a huge issue.
 Go with a high end kite, the performance of a high end kite as opposed to an intermediate kite is like night and day.

Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page