GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 11:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: selling kites  (Read 738 times)
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+77)

« on: July 13, 2014, 07:15 AM »

got a person trying to buy kites from me he lives in another country back and forth now he wants a Paypal request for payment i just don't know not sitting right with me any advice wants me to ship to California but lives in nz not a forum member been e mails just seems funny but don't want to offend him

Steve & Sherri
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:48 AM »

Trust your instincts.
You don't have to sell a kite to anyone.
@

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There  You Are.

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:59 AM »

In the kite community I've had good luck with sort of checking references. Social media like Facebook has made it easier, but even on this little forum we have established members in NZ. You could ask around.

Allen, AKA kitehead
sunsetflyers

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:24 PM »

i have talked to Nori and my gut says hes ok just being cautious we are gonna work it out via western union works out good for both of us i will keep u informed

Steve & Sherri
JimNZ
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:46 PM »

Steve,  Not many kite-fliers in New Zealand.  If you let me know who it is, I will probably be aware of him.

Jim

Jim
hawkerhunter
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25 AM »

I live in the UK but have bought kites in the US and had them shipped to my brother in Boston.He then brings them over for me. Just one way of avoiding high shipping costs and importation duty when buying from the states.
sunsetflyers

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 12:41 PM »

this person was in tel aviv  not new zealand i was confused i was doing a deal with you Jim transaction went well after talking to him and telling him i was Leary he suggested we do western union every thing went real smooth would deal with him any time his name is Nori for further reference he is a strand up guy

Steve & Sherri
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 01:14 PM »

Kite people are cool all over. I've done easily 100 kite deals all over the world and even though I've checked references a few times, I've never had a bad experience. I love sharing kites!

Allen, AKA kitehead
sunsetflyers

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32 PM »

im glad we worled it out we wernt flying them and they deserve to be flown

Steve & Sherri
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 03:56 PM »

Since I own Kite Classifieds I ship stuff all over the world.  Several over seas customers use a freight forwarding company to save on shipping.  All of the people that have asked me to ship to them way have been wonderful to deal with.  I usually ship to CA., or KY. and then their freight gets forwarded from there.  I have never had a deal go bag or a package get lost.  Just my 2 cents here.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document